ebay auctions

I have ordered a few things from Aliexpress recently, various Chinese motherboards, Coolers and RAM and have been quite happy with the stuff considering the way they were packaged and how long they took to get to me.

Picked up an X99 motherboard and a Xeon 8 core 16 thread CPU for £75 and it's up there with the 7th gen processors for performance in most cases.

eBay really are a POS when it comes to the quality of the stuff people are selling, and them not really giving a shit. I bought an AeroPress from them, the sellers location was London and the pictures are of an Aeropress. Got it about 15 days after, which was suspicious in itself, but when i checked the package it was pretty obvious it had come from China. Open opening it, i didn't really inspect it that much as it looked pretty decent. First attempt at making coffee (i've had 2 of these before so know what it should be like) there was no pressure in it and it pressed really easily. Anyone with an Aeropress knows that it canes you trying to press it down. Then the fucking coffee just spilled everywhere out the sides and it was pretty clear the filters didnt fit either. So i went back and had a look at my old one, which has seen better days, pretty clear differences in the two.

Went on eBay and the only options were to return it to get a refund, should i really be returning fake stuff? Contacted eBay through the chat, she couldn't care any less that it's fake and that there are people selling fake stuff. Basically said send it back and you'll get your refund. I'm deliberating whether to report it to trading standards or not, i'm sure they probably won't care either tbh.

eBay really are a POS when it comes to the quality of the stuff people are selling, and them not really giving a shit. I bought an AeroPress from them, the sellers location was London and the pictures are of an Aeropress. Got it about 15 days after, which was suspicious in itself, but when i checked the package it was pretty obvious it had come from China. Open opening it, i didn't really inspect it that much as it looked pretty decent. First attempt at making coffee (i've had 2 of these before so know what it should be like) there was no pressure in it and it pressed really easily. Anyone with an Aeropress knows that it canes you trying to press it down. Then the fucking coffee just spilled everywhere out the sides and it was pretty clear the filters didnt fit either. So i went back and had a look at my old one, which has seen better days, pretty clear differences in the two.

Went on eBay and the only options were to return it to get a refund, should i really be returning fake stuff? Contacted eBay through the chat, she couldn't care any less that it's fake and that there are people selling fake stuff. Basically said send it back and you'll get your refund. I'm deliberating whether to report it to trading standards or not, i'm sure they probably won't care either tbh.

Fake stuff is a big issue bud and it's a pain in the backside sending stuff back even though the process is easy, you expect to get what you have ordered right?

Graphics cards are a big one at the minute, there are loads of fake graphics cards that are easy to spot if you know what you are looking for, now these cards work but the Chinese have fiddled with the bios so they register as a mid range card but are in reality a budget card.

If you want a cheap card for a HTPC then order a GTX 1060 from ebay that has a VGA output, 1060's have never had a VGA output, wait for it to be delivered then put a claim in after 2 days stating that it's fake, by then the seller wont exist and you'll get a refund straight away and get to keep the card as well.

1608302729324.png
This is a fake it has a HDMI and a DVI input yet has a VGA input. (The one in the middle.

1608302823244.png

This is a genuine one, there isn't any VGA input.

Fake stuff is a big issue bud and it's a pain in the backside sending stuff back even though the process is easy, you expect to get what you have ordered right?

Graphics cards are a big one at the minute, there are loads of fake graphics cards that are easy to spot if you know what you are looking for, now these cards work but the Chinese have fiddled with the bios so they register as a mid range card but are in reality a budget card.

If you want a cheap card for a HTPC then order a GTX 1060 from ebay that has a VGA output, 1060's have never had a VGA output, wait for it to be delivered then put a claim in after 2 days stating that it's fake, by then the seller wont exist and you'll get a refund straight away and get to keep the card as well.

View attachment 6855
This is a fake it has a HDMI and a DVI input yet has a VGA input. (The one in the middle.

View attachment 6856

This is a genuine one, there isn't any VGA input.
Why would Nvidia put a VGA on new(ish) cards :D

What i bought isn't anywhere near the price of a 1060, even a fake one, but it's just the principle. Amazon are brilliant with these kinds of things, even if they've been sold through one of their 3rd parties they will always sort you out if you're not happy. eBay on the other hand, fucking useless and even worse, they DGAF that someone is actually telling them they have received a fake item and can prove it. Send it back, so they can resell it to someone who doesn't have any idea.

Why would Nvidia put a VGA on new(ish) cards :D

What i bought isn't anywhere near the price of a 1060, even a fake one, but it's just the principle. Amazon are brilliant with these kinds of things, even if they've been sold through one of their 3rd parties they will always sort you out if you're not happy. eBay on the other hand, fucking useless and even worse, they DGAF that someone is actually telling them they have received a fake item and can prove it. Send it back, so they can resell it to someone who doesn't have any idea.

I have sent ebay loads of listings for fake stuff and you're right they don't care a jot. However I have hit a bit of a goldmine on Aliexpress who openly sell snide stuff which I avoid, but some of their other stuff like RAM, Motherboards are great value the only downside is you have to wait for a long time to get your goods.

In your case send the crap back, have you contacted the seller at all? If you haven't then you could get a suprise because a lot of them don't want the item back and you'll get a refund anyway. Giving bad reviews can really harm an ebay seller, just do that after you get your refund :)

I have sent ebay loads of listings for fake stuff and you're right they don't care a jot. However I have hit a bit of a goldmine on Aliexpress who openly sell snide stuff which I avoid, but some of their other stuff like RAM, Motherboards are great value the only downside is you have to wait for a long time to get your goods.

In your case send the crap back, have you contacted the seller at all? If you haven't then you could get a suprise because a lot of them don't want the item back and you'll get a refund anyway. Giving bad reviews can really harm an ebay seller, just do that after you get your refund :)
Yeah, AliExpress and Wish is a minefield unless you know what you're looking at. Even then you can get shite. I ordered some SoundMagic e10's off them, i'm fairly sure that SoundMagic themselves are a Chinese company anyway. These were once again a replacement pair for ones i'd lost and i still managed to get sent fakes, even though they were good ones to the eye (the ear never lies).

Yeah i might do that actually. It will be interesting if their return address is China, and whether eBay would care if they are falsely showing their location as London. Pretty sure they wont.

Yeah, AliExpress and Wish is a minefield unless you know what you're looking at. Even then you can get shite. I ordered some SoundMagic e10's off them, i'm fairly sure that SoundMagic themselves are a Chinese company anyway. These were once again a replacement pair for ones i'd lost and i still managed to get sent fakes, even though they were good ones to the eye (the ear never lies).

Yeah i might do that actually. It will be interesting if their return address is China, and whether eBay would care if they are falsely showing their location as London. Pretty sure they wont.

A lot of them have warehouses in the UK bud, the last thing I sent back was only miles from where I live, if your item came to you fast then that's probably the case too.

A lot of them have warehouses in the UK bud, the last thing I sent back was only miles from where I live, if your item came to you fast then that's probably the case too.
So i messaged this guy before Xmas, telling him it was fake and him just denying it and saying manufacturers have different productions. There is only one manufacturer for this, it's their copyrighted patent, why would the produce it differently? Anyway so it only for £23, i told him i wanted a refund, he offered me £4. I told him to fuck off and give me a refund. He offered me £6. I told him to send me the fucking return address so i can send it back and get my refund because it's useless. He offered me £8. I couldn't be arsed doing this over and over till i finally got to the price i bought it at so i contacted eBay for the 3rd time, after i had initially opened a case. Since the case resolution time had expired they sent me an email with a pre-paid return label and told me to post it back. The address on the envelope is somewhere in Gastang, street name is Main Rd which is pretty fucking long, with no number or property name on there either. Pretty obvious its a fake address, which i told eBay. They told me not to worry and if it comes as undelivered on the tracking, i will still get my refund.

Al in all, its pretty obvious that eBay take no responsibility to people selling fake stuff, or really give a shit if someone is using a fake address/profile to sell things from another country.

fakes on ebay, never,

i was after a decent 2nd hand northface jacket for my fishing, being a bit tight i always use the lowest price with p+p , imagine my surprise when up popped a brand new with tags northface jacket for £19.99 , didnt buy it , because it would of been a waste of time weather wise

So i messaged this guy before Xmas, telling him it was fake and him just denying it and saying manufacturers have different productions. There is only one manufacturer for this, it's their copyrighted patent, why would the produce it differently? Anyway so it only for £23, i told him i wanted a refund, he offered me £4. I told him to fuck off and give me a refund. He offered me £6. I told him to send me the fucking return address so i can send it back and get my refund because it's useless. He offered me £8. I couldn't be arsed doing this over and over till i finally got to the price i bought it at so i contacted eBay for the 3rd time, after i had initially opened a case. Since the case resolution time had expired they sent me an email with a pre-paid return label and told me to post it back. The address on the envelope is somewhere in Gastang, street name is Main Rd which is pretty fucking long, with no number or property name on there either. Pretty obvious its a fake address, which i told eBay. They told me not to worry and if it comes as undelivered on the tracking, i will still get my refund.

Al in all, its pretty obvious that eBay take no responsibility to people selling fake stuff, or really give a shit if someone is using a fake address/profile to sell things from another country.

Sounds like you landed a chancer there bud, ebay should prevent sellers going backwards and forwards fucking the buyer about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.