Eberechi Eze

Works both ways I think. There is an element of what you say but there is also an element of bias against players in the PL, especially English ones from not too successful clubs. People tend to get more excited about more glamorous signings from overseas.
Wish I could like this a hundred times. I have little doubt that if Eze was in playing in Spain/Germany, people would be more on board with his potential signing.

Works both ways I think. There is an element of what you say but there is also an element of bias against players in the PL, especially English ones from not too successful clubs. People tend to get more excited about more glamorous signings from overseas.
imo its more to do with his pricetag, age and that he hasn't made that much noise in his career.
add to that the other names we were linked with... hard to get excited. if you go from bellingham to rice, to paqueta to eze... at our club at this time? I can understand the disbelieve/frustration of others.

Not to me.

Palmer is currently worth 30/35 and and McAtee,both in this absurd market,are very easily Eze value and level players.
Neither have senior team experience of that level and much as our value is 30m for Palmer it’s evident no one wants to pay that for him. Just a suggestion regardless if we’re really interested and trying to reach a compromise. I still expect Palmer to go

I always thought he would end up in Barca.. Ronaldinho was his big idol and hes got that swagger, but I think Man City fits very good into his profile then. He didnt really take off that early in Palace though to facilitate that career progression until last season that is.. hope it's not too late for him. Maybe it was a bit tough to move with the Covid summer and take off etc straight away, no crowds etc, has been at Palace for 3 years now.

He is as Incredible as next player linked to City. Paqueta Incredible Olmo Incredible. Tomorrow a new link will surface and he will be incredible. And Eze will be forgotten

It's almost like there are countless incredible players at the top level and people should stop panicking whenever we don't sign their favourite one.

Wish I could like this a hundred times. I have little doubt that if Eze was in playing in Spain/Germany, people would be more on board with his potential signing.
Complete bullshit. I could scour YouTube in ten minutes and find a dozen players on the continent who look as good or better than Eze. I wouldn't be clamouring to sign any of them.

The midfield needs an injection of ready made, top class quality. Not a player Pep can mould as a long term project; we've already got Bobb, Palmer and McAtee for that.

If Wirtz is as generational as some on here suggest, throw the fucking kitchen sink at Bayer and get him in, why should we need to wait a year?

It doesn't matter how you dress it up, ~£90mil on Eze is an underwhelming move.
We're in panic mode but that's on the club for leaving it as late as we have to get a much needed midfield addition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.