Eddie van Halen RIP

A fantastic gig to have seen. I also recall that when Sabbath returned for the second gig at the Apollo in that June, VH had been replaced by the utterly shite Tanz der Youth.

EVH was to our generation, what Hendrix was to the previous one. A total game changer.

R.I.P.

I went to both gigs, was gutted VH weren't there the second time.

Just this!!
On releasing 1984 Roth said..."it's 1984 and we're the soundtrack"
They were the soundtrack for rock since 1978....and still are.
As a kid Eddie had hundreds of people in his backyard/street just to hear him play....and he started as a drummer. RIP.

Being a VH fan in the original Roth era was a special thing. Best gig I ever saw was them at Madison Square Garden (first day of my first visit to the US) in 1981.

I was a big heavy rock fan in the seventies, I somehow overlooked Van Halen. Which album would be a good entry point.?

Very droll.

Post by Candice Night:

"My husband, Ritchie Blackmore said it best. "Eddie Van Halen was a brilliant guitarist who started a technique of guitar playing which was emulated by a whole generation of guitarists. He was one of the nicest musicians I ever met in the music business. Very shy and not at all conceited about his ability as a guitar player. Frank Zappa said he reinvented the guitar. I agree. He will be sadly missed but his brilliant legacy will always be remembered. The ultimate guitar hero."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.