Eddie van Halen RIP

I’ve seen Kiss twice.
Revenge tour in Sheffield Arena w/ Danger Danger (yes! remember them!!) in ‘92 & the reunion make-up tour Manchester Arena ‘96 with Verve Pipe.

Both gigs were great, Sheffield was only around half full but they put on a great show (infact the stage show was the Hot In The Shade sphinx), one noticeable moment was Eric Singer getting booed as he was introduced- he’s no Eric Carr.

Manchester was sold out & to see the original members in make-up was fantastic.

It’s interesting you hinted at Gene & Dave not getting along, but Dave did support them earlier in the year.
Gene obviously has/had issues with other artists, but I think as he’s getting older, he’s definitely mellowing & not holding grudges.
I mean....Vinnie Vincent for one.

..I just have to say that Vinnies first album Invasion, is probably one of my favorites of all time, the guy can write a song-& play guitar, but batshit crazy!

I've seen Kiss on every UK tour plus some of the one-offs. I missed one Download appearance and I probably won't go to Download next year cos I don't like gigs in field much and the support acts are not enticing. Last time there they had Crue, Billy Idol, Blackberry Smoke (I think). Shame as I am on 19 Kiss gigs so 20 would round it of nicely.

Gene wanted to steal Eddie away for Kiss IIRC or get them to ditch Dave, whose vocals were a problem early on and have not worn well (he was a great vocalsit but not a great singer, as he put it, at his peak). I think Van Halen turned up to watch a Kiss gig in L.A. and were supposed to be on the guest list but Dave had been left off. He repaid the favour to Gene when VH had become huge.

Simmons is a business man so having Roth supporting could be just a case of business. Kiss probably aren't filling every venue in U.S. on this final tour so a guest like DLR could help ticket sales.

Eric Carr was great, I have his autograph on the cover of my Kiss Alive II vinyl, along with Gene, Paul and Ace.

When I saw VH at MSG, Eric was sat on the row in front of us and no one around him, aside from my friends and I, knew who he was given he was out of make-up.

RIP Eddie

I saw you blow Sabbath away in 78
and the year after has headliners,both at the Apollo.
I was 14 and had had a few ciders but what a gig
it was either Mark Anthony's birthday or Alex's,and they were all pissed

RIP Eddie

I saw you blow Sabbath away in 78
and the year after has headliners,both at the Apollo.
I was 14 and had had a few ciders but what a gig
it was either Mark Anthony's birthday or Alex's,and they were all pissed
1602162853284.png

How old was Mark :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.