Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greyco said:
Jay Division said:
I'd be livid if I was a Lille fan. They've brought him through and established him as the player he is today and all Hazard can do is gob off about where he wants to go. Bit disrespectful if you ask me.

Errr well... I can answer that for you since I am a Lille fan and it's just the opposite.

When he was 16, Eden played brilliantly at the U-17 European Championship. Despite being a year younger he was the best player at that tournament alongside Bojan of Barcelona. Being such a big platfor to shine on, he was given the opportunity to sign with the likes of Barcelona and Arsenal but 7 days later he signed his first pro-contract at Lille.

And just last year, although it has always been clear that he would move on to a higher league, he signed a new deal which would give Lille more power bargaining for transfers. If he hadn't, his contract would expire at the end of next season and Lille would have been forced to sell him after this season on the cheap.

Besides Seydoux, the Lille president, has been just the same trying to stimulate a bidding war for him at the end of this season. Lille is opening a new 50.000seater ground in the summer. (stunner of a stadium, look it up) Hazard's transfer would be welcome to help finance all their investments and help them for the final push to establish Lille as a top tier team in France.

You also seem to forget that he's the only big name that stayed after the double last year. The first trophees for Lille for over 5 decades. Cabaye, Gervinho, Rami and Sow all moved on. Hazard is basicly carrying Lille to CL qualification this year. (look up his stats to see how influential he is for the success of Lille)

And lastly, it's a Nike advertisement video. It's not like this "whoring himself out" is likely to be his idea. Some slick marketing manager comes up with the idea and he gets slated for it. You can only accuse him of being a naive 21y old boy...

Notice how none of the negative reactions on that vid come from French football fans... Says it all really, and they're way better informed than those who rely on tabloidtalk for their information.

Great post! Thanks for the balanced reply. :)

Greyco said:
Jay Division said:
I'd be livid if I was a Lille fan. They've brought him through and established him as the player he is today and all Hazard can do is gob off about where he wants to go. Bit disrespectful if you ask me.

Errr well... I can answer that for you since I am a Lille fan and it's just the opposite.

When he was 16, Eden played brilliantly at the U-17 European Championship. Despite being a year younger he was the best player at that tournament alongside Bojan of Barcelona. Being such a big platfor to shine on, he was given the opportunity to sign with the likes of Barcelona and Arsenal but 7 days later he signed his first pro-contract at Lille.

And just last year, although it has always been clear that he would move on to a higher league, he signed a new deal which would give Lille more power bargaining for transfers. If he hadn't, his contract would expire at the end of next season and Lille would have been forced to sell him after this season on the cheap.

Besides Seydoux, the Lille president, has been just the same trying to stimulate a bidding war for him at the end of this season. Lille is opening a new 50.000seater ground in the summer. (stunner of a stadium, look it up) Hazard's transfer would be welcome to help finance all their investments and help them for the final push to establish Lille as a top tier team in France.

You also seem to forget that he's the only big name that stayed after the double last year. The first trophees for Lille for over 5 decades. Cabaye, Gervinho, Rami and Sow all moved on. Hazard is basicly carrying Lille to CL qualification this year. (look up his stats to see how influential he is for the success of Lille)

And lastly, it's a Nike advertisement video. It's not like this "whoring himself out" is likely to be his idea. Some slick marketing manager comes up with the idea and he gets slated for it. You can only accuse him of being a naive 21y old boy...

Notice how none of the negative reactions on that vid come from French football fans... Says it all really, and they're way better informed than those who rely on tabloidtalk for their information.

Is there any thoughts among Lille fans to where he's most likely to go if he leaves this summer?

Jumanji said:
Matt the Giant said:
And which position do you regard to be his best?
Not hugging the touchline, that's for sure.

That's my opinion as well, and as seeing a lot of users here sees him as our designated winger I'm confused. Isn't he more of a Silva/Nasri type?

Matt the Giant said:
Jumanji said:
Matt the Giant said:
And which position do you regard to be his best?
Not hugging the touchline, that's for sure.

That's my opinion as well, and as seeing a lot of users here sees him as our designated winger I'm confused. Isn't he more of a Silva/Nasri type?
Last year he played more as a winger. But with Gervinho, Cabaye, etc gone he has evolved into a number 10 and pretty much roams where he wants.

He's got an eye for a pass, but can beat a man as well. A dribbler and a passer this guy will become one of the top playmakers in the world.

Personally, I think he'd be wasted out wide.

Greyco said:
Jay Division said:

You need to post more on Bluemoon. Thanks. :)

Also, there seems to be an argument about whether he's a striker or more of a central player. We need pacey width, do you think he could play well as a winger?

Blue Haze said:
Greyco said:
Jay Division said:

You need to post more on Bluemoon. Thanks. :)

Also, there seems to be an argument about whether he's a striker or more of a central player. We need pacey width, do you think he could play well as a winger?
I think he could, but that wouldn't be his ideal position.

As Sure as i am - Crowded House

Make your decision now, rely on no help from above
Living is luxury, I want everything you throw out
I'll do anything you want to

Please let me go with you, I'll wear the smile on your face
Big, black and beautiful, I want it, everything you throw out
There must be something you can do without
Cause I am as sure as I am

I couldn't care less for what might go wrong
And I'm as happy as sin in a fear shaken world

I pity the rhino, down there it's becoming extinct
Killed for a love potion, sad thing looking like a dead flower
I want it, everything that you throw out
Cause I am as sure as I am

And I'm as happy as sin in a fear shaken world

Don't wanna be there, don't wanna be spared
I'll wear the smile on your face
I am as sure as I am

And I'm as happy as sin in a fear shaken world, world
Couldn't care less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.