Eden Hazard

Chelsea sold Matic to United but Eden Hazard is totally different. However i know PEP has stated that we cannot keep spending in excess of 300 mill .but if he came available i think we would declare an interest. but honestly can see him at Real Madrid possibly because it would suit all parties

Pep did say we can't spend £300m every year but he didn't say what we could do this year and we might, for example, be able to get Hazard, De Ligt and Jorginho for £250m! We just don't know for sure what the club will be able to spend because we can't see their budgets. One could make some guesses by looking at the last set of accounts but do we know for instance if there is a likelihood of a major increase in sponsorship money in the works?

Signing Hazard means he will start every game for us. You simply don’t sign a £100m+ player on likely £300k a week and rotate him.

What does this mean for Sane? Sharing RW with Sterling and Bernardo and playing instead of Hazard in the cups and dead rubbers.

I could easily see Sane leaving because of this and long term this is a mistake.

Also Hazard doesn’t work as hard defensively for me.

Would prefer Mahrez, cheaper wages and fee and won’t be a guaranteed starter but I do think he can challenge Sane for LW. By challenge I mean when Sane is inconsistent he is dropped/rotated with Mahrez and vice versa.

The question is Hazard or Sane and I choose Sane every time.

Sane all day for me but, unlike the rags, Pep will pick his teams on form, tactics and opposition and not salary, so I disagree he will start every game.

I also disagree with the wages, but that is simply because we have a wage structure that everyone seems to be happy to adhere to. I don't see any player having such kudos to changing that.

I agree that he doesn't currently work enough defensively and would counter that with we had quite a few stars who were equally culpable and now have the correct work ethic. I dont foresee us buying any player who Pep does not believe he can get them to adapt.

We're not going to buy or attempt to buy him ffs.

1. Completely screwed us over when he moved to Chelsea, having agreed a move and then let his agent shift the goalposts at the last minute.

2. Plays when he feels like it. Let's remember his "performance" as a false 9 vs us, when he walked around the pitch for 90 mins. Pep will have seen enough in that game to steer clear.

3. The fee to get a player like this will be stupid. If you pay 100 mil plus on a player, you want to be full sure he's 100% committed to the cause.

Talent isn't everything.

And you know this how?

History tell you we don’t spend 100m+ on 1 player and hat my doubt to why we won’t buy Hazard but Maybe Mahrez instead.

And you know this how?

Because it would go against what we've done to date since Carlos Tevez was signed.

We're not signing names, we're signing components.

History tells us Pep doesn't suffer prima donnas, there's no way he takes on a player who has undermined 2 coaches in a row now via poor performances.

Rather arrogant viewpoint

If we can’t speak positive and confidently now, then when can we?

Hazard is Chelsea’s best player by far and one of the world’s best. We have a great squad and management team and finished 19pts ahead of the rest.

So if you don’t think signing Hazard would make us Champs next year then that’s up to you but in my eyes it would be a certainty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.