Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's been one of our best players this season. He's arguably been our most consistent at least. He's bailed out our defence enough times with his sweeping AND shotstopping. He's been particularly strong with 1 on 1s.

He can also pass it pretty well.

I don’t think him rushing out is an Ederson thing, I think it’s a pep thing. We need a sweeper keeper because of the high line / press we deploy. Bravo has been caught out a couple of times too. It will happen from time to time.
It is very much an Ederson attribute - no matter where he plays, part of his game is very aggressive charging out of the box - he was that way before we signed him.

Pep plays a very high line - so coming out of the box to sweep is part of the system. So yes, aggressive keeping is part of Pep's system - my point though - is that Ederson is especially aggressive, coming out of the box even more-so than strictly necessary under Pep's system - that's just his style. Sometimes this leads to a good result, sometimes not.

Does he ever save us points? i am not blaming him for today and i don't want to bin him off but does he?

sometimes he does. I think he had good season so far, better than last one, but he is bit overrated by us as he is abnormally good in certain parts of his game.

Eddy could do with competition but the hardest part is bringing in a keeper who could really challenge.

Last edited:
sometimes he does. I think he had good season so far, better than last one, but he is bit overrated by us as he is abnormally good in certain parts of his game.

He just almost doesnt fucking play.

How can you be a good goalkeeper or find form when you only face one shot on target a game and it's a bullet header 3 yards out that you've got no chance with?

We see it every week when we dont finish well that we play keepers into good form by giving them 1 or 2 easy saves and Eddy just never gets that.

I dont think it will be for a while but I'll make a prediction that Ederson gets a lot better when Pep goes. The current system where he only faces massive chances like 1v1s or point blank shots is killing him.

Does he ever save us points? i am not blaming him for today and i don't want to bin him off but does he?
I've been saying this for weeks. He just doesnt save enough shots. People speak about him being one of the best in the world but he simply doesnt save enough shots for me. How many times do we have one shot one goal. Is it because hes not involved enough?...concentration? Defence in front of him? I dont know but for people to say there is nothing wrong with him is just bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.