Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just almost doesnt fucking play.

How can you be a good goalkeeper or find form when you only face one shot on target a game and it's a bullet header 3 yards out that you've got no chance with?

We see it every week when we dont finish well that we play keepers into good form by giving them 1 or 2 easy saves and Eddy just never gets that.

I dont think it will be for a while but I'll make a prediction that Ederson gets a lot better when Pep goes. The current system where he only faces massive chances like 1v1s or point blank shots is killing him.
Yeah. I feel a lot (but not all) of the goals we've let in this season would have been unstoppable except for maybe (maybe) the absolute very best shot stoppers. Either perfect finishes or just super clear opportunities. I mean it's like against Leicester, Vardy pulls an absolute world class finish out of his arse when Ederson got out in quick time and would have blocked any low shot.

He's been called into action a bit more this season and he has made enough good saves to discredit the idea he's not a good goalkeeper by the conventional sense. Just last month against United he was the difference between a narrow loss and a thrashing.

He could be better, obviously. But he is only young still. I think all things considered he's doing about as well as we could reasonably expect, especially given all the difficulties you've outlined.

He makes plenty of saves,he is still young and the way we play expects a lot of sweeping up and can be risky,he can be rash when he is bored

Today though,wtf was he thinking,he has dinho being cute and going down to thank for saving a goal

He makes plenty of saves,he is still young and the way we play expects a lot of sweeping up and can be risky,he can be rash when he is bored
He appears to have an inflated sense of his abilities at times.

Today though,wtf was he thinking,he has dinho being cute and going down to thank for saving a goal
Agree, except it was obviously a trip. Tosun didn’t bat an eyelid when it was given. Ferna did well to cut across his path, because Tosun’s first touch was brilliant.

He appears to have an inflated sense of his abilities at times.

Agree, except it was obviously a trip. Tosun didn’t bat an eyelid when it was given. Ferna did well to cut across his path, because Tosun’s first touch was brilliant.
Even the best sweepers misjudge things,it comes with the territory and tbf to eddie he is still young for a keeper in this kind of set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.