Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ederson is not world class then you must have extremely high standards.

I don't think he is all round world class keeper whatever my standards are.

I do think he is absolutely fucking amazing with the ball and with what is between his ears, mental rock. There were and are some keepers who are good sweepers, but what he does is something never seen before. How is he calm when under the pressure and how is he accurate in passing when under the pressure, it's almost not human.

That, combined with that he is not shit in other departments, is probably enough for what we are trying to do with football. But I don't think he is world class beside that. He'd be nothing special playing for some team with different style of football. If he plays for team that has to survive what spurs were faced with today or half of that, each week or so, nobody would ever thought to mention him as potentially the best world's keeper.

Last edited:
awful positioning, when Lamela gets the ball he has time to sort it out but he stayed stranded too far off his line ,too far to his left

I think Neville got it right when he said he was anticipating a through ball and was positioned to come out for it but Lamela, because he wasn't closed down at all, had time to look up and notice, and take the shot from 25 yards out.

He'd be nothing special playing for some team with different style of football. If he plays for team that has to survive what spurs were faced with today or half of that, each week or so, nobody would ever thought to mention him as potentially the best world's keeper.

Benfica don't play anything like us and he was good enough to be deemed worthy of a record fee for a goalkpeer off the back of it.

I would recommend you watch his Champions League performances vs Guardiola's Bayern Munich where he faced exactly what Spurs did today, and the CL games vs. Dortmund when was fucking sensational.

Benfica don't play anything like us and he was good enough to be deemed worthy of a record fee for a goalkpeer off the back of it.

I would recommend you watch his Champions League performances vs Guardiola's Bayern Munich where he faced exactly what Spurs did today, and the CL games vs. Dortmund when was fucking sensational.

He was deemed worth promarily because he is perfect goalkeeper for Pep's football. If you read that interview Pep had few days ago, he said the first thing he did when becoming City manager is to get Bravo so he could play from the back. Bravo is very good in that, but Ederson is miles better. So yes, as I sad in earlier posts, that quality of his and it's fucking amazing one, is probably enough for him to be our keeper. During the season, it will bring more good than some of his shortfallings will bring bad for the style of football we play.

I just refuse to buy posts about him being the world class in other stuff, the best world keeper and things like that as I don't think he is either. Opinions. And I'm not changing mine if someone don't like it. Nor by watching that CL game. I've seen many worse keepers than him having perfect matches, being a father of a goalkeeper, I've seen perfect matches in youth categories too (not just by my lad, lol) one match won't d anything to my opinion after watching him 3 years. He is not world class at shot stops or positioning for them, he is not world class, far, far away in commanding his box on corners and fast crosses.

Last edited:
He was deemed worth promarily because he is perfect goalkeeper for Pep's football. If you read that interview Pep had few days ago, he said the first thing he did when becoming City manager is to get Bravo so he could play from the back. Bravo is very good in that, but Ederson is miles better. So yes, as I sad in earlier posts, that quality of his and it's fucking amazing one, is probably enough for him to be our keeper. During the season, it will bring more good than some of his shortfallings will bring bad for the style of football we play.

I just refuse to buy posts about him being the world class in other stuff, the best world keeper and things like that as I don't think he is either. Opinions. And I'm not changing mine if someone don't like it. Nor by watching that CL game. I've seen many worse keepers than him having perfect matches, being a father of a goalkeeper, I've seen perfect matches in youth categories too (not just by my lad, lol) one match won't d anything to my opinion after watching him 3 years. He is not world class at shot stops or positioning for them, he is not world class, far, far away in commanding his box on corners and fast crosses.

Again, go watch his Champions League performances for Benfica and then come back and try to argue hes not a world class shot stopper as well.

Hes got a long back catalogue of world class saves, if you're not prepared to watch them then thats up to you I guess. Ignorance is bliss etc.

Again, go watch his Champions League performances for Benfica and then come back and try to argue hes not a world class shot stopper as well.

Again, I won't. I watch him each week for 3 years.

He is lucky he is playing in times when his best qualities became trend in modern game and fair play to him, he is unbelievable in those qualities so he got a gig in a club managed by a guy who brought those quality to become trendy. But 20-30 years ago, he wouldn't stand a chance to play in a team of City's status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.