Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I won't. I watch him each week for 3 years.

He is lucky he is playing in times when his best qualities became trend in modern game and fair play to him, he is unbelievable in those qualities. But 20-30 years ago, he wouldn't stand a chance to play in a team of City's status.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Again, go watch his Champions League performances for Benfica and then come back and try to argue hes not a world class shot stopper as well.

Hes got a long back catalogue of world class saves, if you're not prepared to watch them then thats up to you I guess. Ignorance is bliss etc.

I’m a fan, and he has world class games, but a series of “world class saves” isn’t wholly indicative of a consistent, world class keeper.

Keepers pull off blinders periodically, no matter what level they’re at. The problem I find with Ederson is that one week he can have that blinder on all fronts, not need to do much for a few weeks, then have an average game where you would expect him to save one he lets in or gets his positioning wrong.

I’m a fan, and he has world class games, but a series of “world class saves” isn’t wholly indicative of a consistent, world class keeper.

Keepers pull off blinders periodically, no matter what level they’re at. The problem I find with Ederson is that one week he can have that blinder on all fronts, not need to do much for a few weeks, then have an average game where you would expect him to save one he lets in or gets his positioning wrong.

It's tricky thing to be a keeper. Striker can miss 5 sitters per game, score a goal per game and on the end of the season he'll be the idol for scoring 38 goals, while keepers can save 5 sitters and concede one he could save and he'd be shit for conceding 38.

Ederson is something we never seen before when it comes to goalkeepers being the part of a play. It fits us perfectly and I wouldn't replace him for anyone but for Ter Stegen eventually as I think he is much better in classic goalkeeping and very good as a sweeper. But out Eddie is far from perfect in classic goalkeeping. When this sweeper thing wasn't popular, he wouldn't be in teams fighting to win everything under the sun.

Isn't weird that all this criticism comes out just after an underpar performance? Where was it before? Like after the 1-0 against Spurs at the end of last season?

Nope, why would anyone be criticized after the good, or most often in his case, doing nothing but passing around and doing it great, game?

My opinion abut his overall quality is same, but I won't criticize him if I don't have a reason and I don't have a problem to praise him fr what he is good at and when he is good.

I have a need at times to answer at some posts that claim he is best world's goalkeeper as I don't think he is, but when I'm not pissed off like tonight I just don't bother.

I like Eddie and don't think we would be as good during the course of whole season without him and what his qualities bring. I just think he has his flaws and they somehow happen in these fucking ugly matches usually when emotions are high. Fucking SPurs.

Last edited:
Nope, why would anyone be criticized after the good, or most often in his case, doing nothing but passing around and doing it great, game?

My opinion abut his overall quality is same, but I won't criticize him if I don't have a reason and I don't have a problem to praise him fr what he is good at and when he is good.

I have a need at times to answer at some posts that claim he is best world's goalkeeper as I don't think he is, but when I'm not pissed off like tonight I just don't bother.

I like Eddie and don't think we would be as good during the course of whole season without him and what his qualities bring. I just think he has his flaws and they somehow happen in these fucking ugly matches usually when emotions are high. Fucking SPurs.

You need to do some homework.

Wouldn’t swap him for anybody but that first goal was on him. Regardless of the poor defending beforehand.

If we needed a world class shot stopper we wouldn't have pep leading us.

Ederson is something I've never seen before and it's brilliant and he starts more passages of play that result in a goal than the odd error so he's got LOTS of credit in the bank.

We were stopped by the officiating today but shit happens. Could be a weird season (hand ball rule especially) but at times today we were unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.