Ederson and Jesus cleared to play (Pg 63)

Once again its the quest for money, as much as the glory of the world cup.
I was listening to about the only person left on talksport worth listening to (Tim Vickery) the other day and he was explaining how mad the whole South American qualification is.
So many games having to be shoe horned into a short period. Even with an extra game that they tried to get into this International window...which is what is causing this problem now (with the added 2-3 days tacked on to the original schedule) there are simply not enough dates available to finish the S American qualification process.
...And that is all due to the South american confederations quest for money. As they scheduled an "extra" Copa America into last summer when they could have used it for qualification.
Not sure if it is true but read/heard somewhere that the Spurs players actually travelled without the clubs knowledge and despite not playing are apparently heading back to the UK via Crotaia for some reason.
Personally I take the view that the rules is the rules and if Brazil or toher countries invoke the rule then we simply lose the players. Not ideal and messed up due to money but sadly the rules.
It has to be a level playing field for all as I gather the Colombian/Chilean & Paraguay associations have invoked the rule that impacts other prem clubs.

2 Things here.

FIFA make all there money from internationals and FIFA are the top body so they can enforce this rule via UEFA - via the FA if they want to push it.

Brazil are a political horror show right now. I suspect the same snide conspiracy/anti mask BS that is gripping America is involved somewhere here. Nothing to back that up but it's the kind of BS they would pull

May all benefit?! They should nt have been put in this situation to start with especially after the FA told them all they wouldn't be travelling to red zone countries
It wasn't the FA it was the clubs themselves, and the PL which backed it which is the clubs again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.