Ederson and Jesus cleared to play (Pg 63)

With the world the way it is due to covid19 this is just stupid from FIFA. Its It's not like they have done a 'Giggs' or a 'Sancho'. If a player is to injured to play for his country than yes he should be ban from his clubs next game.
But we are talking about a worldwide pandemic here.

Of course FIFA are to blame, they're supposed to be in overall charge of world football. They could come out and say "Due to exceptional circumstances we're suspending the rule, not the players".
Legally? No, they really can't. At least not without agreement with all the signatories or if there's a clause that allows them to do so. I think here they just assumed no-one would be so petty to trigger the rule.

Oh I'm not sure on that then.

Was told any games within a 5 day period from when they would of returned from international duty

All a bit of a mess.

I'm amused that Football365 has pointed out that the PL clubs can still select the players, and leave it to the PL whether to punish anyone for doing what the PL advised/instructed.

Oh I'm not sure on that then.

Was told any games within a 5 day period from when they would of returned from international duty
That's right, it's a 5-day exclusion starting the day after the last day of the international duty period, which normally would be a Wednesday but was extended to Thursday to allow teams to catch up on covid-cancelled games. So Fri-Tue inclusive for this period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.