Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by bluesingh, 21 Jul 2017.

1. Mike N

Mike N

Feel sorry for Ed today. Made a mistake for the last goal but the comedy defending for the other goals clearly got to him.

2. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

It wasn't his finest day that's for sure!

3. Bluewonder

Bluewonder

Had one of those days today which can happen when you play with a system like ours.

4. OB1

OB1

He should have saved the first. I think he was too far to his left - not for the first time - and had he been better positioned, he would have got to that shot. Shay Given also mentioned that he was not set as the ball was struck, which was true, but that can happen; however, I prefer keepers not to bounce. He was though just one of at least four City players at fault for the first goal.

I wasn't concerned by how he dealt with crosses but he had no right doing anything other than smashing that one he sent to Salah high and long; well. apart from letting Walker take the ball!

5. BigOscar

BigOscar

You play with fire, you'll get burnt occasionally. As long as it doesn't affect how he plays next time, it's just one of those things you have to accept will sometimes happen. (and he won't be affected)

6. Love his distribution but he should be doing better at saving shots.

7. BJL_City

BJL_City

He's going to make mistakes, he's barely played 80 games at a really high level in his career. We've all seen the raw talent and the guts but he's going to get caught out a bit as he's raw and will have areas he can improve. Christ, we could be revisiting this conversation in 14 years when he's set appearance records.

8. Charlie Chuck

Charlie Chuck

Been absolutely brilliant this season on the whole. Made a few mistakes like ALL keepers do. If he carries on progressing, he will soon be regarded as one of the best in the world.

9. Dax777

Dax777

I wanted him to pass on the 4th goal. Perhaps even gold that ball as he had more time than he realized. But the one thing I didn't want was him to boot it long. Take the risk, live with the consequences. That's what Gladiators do. It failed today, but tomorrow and next month it will make us better.

It's the 1st goal and his soft attack on a few crosses that I found more disappointing.

10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Has he done that before? Probably not. Will he do that again? Probably not. Just had to happen at Klanfield!