Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is impressive how his risky passing at the back hasn't gone wrong yet - his concentration levels are phenomenal. When you watch our centre-backs, who are also great on the ball, it's still not rare for one of their seemingly simple passes to go wrong (e.g. Otamendi today). Yet I can't remember this type of mess up from Ederson all season?

Of course he'll get it wrong at times & it'll look shambolic, but if it's as rare as this then it's just so obviously the way to go given the benefits.

Watched Spurs Arsenal today & Cech was dire with the ball at his feet, looked terrified, out of control & gave Spurs a boost every time he had it at his feet - really does make a difference.
Saw some dismal stuff from another well-pedigreed keeper today, as well.

It really is impressive how his risky passing at the back hasn't gone wrong yet - his concentration levels are phenomenal. When you watch our centre-backs, who are also great on the ball, it's still not rare for one of their seemingly simple passes to go wrong (e.g. Otamendi today). Yet I can't remember this type of mess up from Ederson all season?

Of course he'll get it wrong at times & it'll look shambolic, but if it's as rare as this then it's just so obviously the way to go given the benefits.

Watched Spurs Arsenal today & Cech was dire with the ball at his feet, looked terrified, out of control & gave Spurs a boost every time he had it at his feet - really does make a difference.
Liverspool?

Liverspool?

There's been a couple of other occasions too that we got away with but the impressive thing about it is that it doesn't phase him, the next ball to him and he's nailing a pass to set us on our way again.

I don’t think the media are giving him enough credit. One of our most influential players this season and reengineering the goalkeeping role. I would have loved to see his interceptions yesterday highlighted more on motd.

Shows 100% that Pep got rid off Joe for footballing reasons and no other.

A lot of pundits said it was a mistake to replace him but truth is it was not Bravo just struggled and then lost confidence.

There's been a couple of other occasions too that we got away with but the impressive thing about it is that it doesn't phase him, the next ball to him and he's nailing a pass to set us on our way again.
The only bad aspect of that style is that sometimes it will go wrong. In the EPL is not a problem, but in the CL is a risk for sure.
Still i prefer to play with this kind of keeper because he makes very hard to any team press us high.

The only bad aspect of that style is that sometimes it will go wrong. In the EPL is not a problem, but in the CL is a risk for sure.
Still i prefer to play with this kind of keeper because he makes very hard to any team press us high.

& it's bloody entertaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.