Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care if De Gea is the best keeper out there or not(in term of saves). If De Gea was playing for City he probably could could save some of those that Ederson let in, but would commit much more errors under pressure in this playing style, so i dont know if we would have more points now.
Also, o suspect that Ederson will be the new standard for keepers im the future, or you will be forced to play reactive football.

Has to start the cup final for me. I know Bravo has done ok in the other rounds but this guy makes all the difference.

agree. playing long ball above City defensive line with Aubameyang upfront,
i don't think Bravo have chance to sweep the ball.

Yeah perhaps, however if one of ours had fucked up that chance then we wouldn't be praising the oppo keeper, we'd be giving our striker pelters.
You’re probably right, but as I said earlier on in the thread (and during the match), sometimes the measure of a person is whether they can find a way to make the best choice from an array of bad options.

For me, Eddie consistently does that (along with often finding a good option that other keepers wouldn’t even know existed, often under quite a lot of pressure).

Based on his current form I wouldn’t have any other keeper in the world take in his place as he is one of the integral parts of our system, mad charges out and all.

Meh. I agree Bravo probably has to play now having played every game in the competition so far, but i think it means we're making it a whole lot harder on ourselves (which is a shame with a potential quadruple of the cards). Bravo has had his moments during the league cup campaign but it's a stretch to say we're in the final because of him. Maybe the Leicester and Wolves games would have been put to bed without the need for pens had we had Ederson on the pitch. It's clear his passing out is far superior and everything happens much more quickly in goal.

There is no denying the fact that ederson is better but its hilarious to suggest wolves n lcfc games went to pen becauss bravo was in goal and not eddie. Having won us 2 shoot outs in the tournament bravo deserves a start after playing a major hand in taking us to the finals.

There is no denying the fact that ederson is better but its hilarious to suggest wolves n lcfc games went to pen becauss bravo was in goal and not eddie. Having won us 2 shoot outs in the tournament bravo deserves a start after playing a major hand in taking us to the finals.

I'm not saying that's why those games went to pens, but there's no denying we look a a lot slower in playing out and creating opportunities with Bravo in goal. We might have looked a bit less turgid in those games with Ederson so who knows what would have happened. So even though I wasn't saying definitively that Bravo is the reason those games went to pens, I don't think it's any more hilarious a suggestion than saying Bravo is the reason we are in the final (which is exactly what you said). Given the opponents we've faced we would have probably made it whoever was in goal to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.