Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care if De Gea is the best keeper out there or not(in term of saves). If De Gea was playing for City he probably could could save some of those that Ederson let in, but would commit much more errors under pressure in this playing style, so i dont know if we would have more points now.
Also, o suspect that Ederson will be the new standard for keepers im the future, or you will be forced to play reactive football.
At this moment in time De Gea is IMO the best all round keeper in the world. Nowhere near Ederson's sweeper keeper ability, but Ederson is not Upto De Gea's shot saving ability. De Gea saved manure several times v Arsenal saving about 32 shots. I doubt Ederson would of stopped as many. In the future I think Ederson will(if he keeps improving) will become the best all round keeper on the world. As good as De gea is, I wouldn't swap him for Ederson.

At this moment in time De Gea is IMO the best all round keeper in the world. Nowhere near Ederson's sweeper keeper ability, but Ederson is not Upto De Gea's shot saving ability. De Gea saved manure several times v Arsenal saving about 32 shots. I doubt Ederson would of stopped as many. In the future I think Ederson will(if he keeps improving) will become the best all round keeper on the world. As good as De gea is, I wouldn't swap him for Ederson.

It is a tough one to judge. De Gea does not have anywhere near the same ability distribution wise so on pure shot saving terms he wins but overall Ederson is not far off him in those stakes and miles better in his all round play so wins it for me. Football is a team game and our style requires more than just shot stopping so De Gea simply does not work.

It will not be long before all keepers are expected to play like Ederson. It is the natural evolution of football to have 11 players with high technical ability. You will still need to be able to save shots but how many times do we bypass the press thanks to Ederson? If someone looked at that and weighed up saves made too there would only be one winner. De Gea can hoof it within a few yards of a target but that is about it with the ball at his feet.

Bravo has to start the final though regardless of whether Ederson gives us more. He has been the difference in two penalty shootouts. He has the Wigan game as a settler in terms of getting match time and that will help him start the final without amy nervey distribution I think.

He is still an excellent keeper and has shown that for Barca and Chile we just all feel a lot more nervous due to last season.

I struggle to see how you can compare when we use our keepers differently. If we wanted a pure shot stopper, we would still have Joe -no?

It is a tough one to judge. De Gea does not have anywhere near the same ability distribution wise so on pure shot saving terms he wins but overall Ederson is not far off him in those stakes and miles better in his all round play so wins it for me. Football is a team game and our style requires more than just shot stopping so De Gea simply does not work.

It will not be long before all keepers are expected to play like Ederson. It is the natural evolution of football to have 11 players with high technical ability. You will still need to be able to save shots but how many times do we bypass the press thanks to Ederson? If someone looked at that and weighed up saves made too there would only be one winner. De Gea can hoof it within a few yards of a target but that is about it with the ball at his feet.

Bravo has to start the final though regardless of whether Ederson gives us more. He has been the difference in two penalty shootouts. He has the Wigan game as a settler in terms of getting match time and that will help him start the final without amy nervey distribution I think.

He is still an excellent keeper and has shown that for Barca and Chile we just all feel a lot more nervous due to last season.
Great Post

I struggle to see how you can compare when we use our keepers differently. If we wanted a pure shot stopper, we would still have Joe -no?
It's all about opinion mate, mine is De Gea right now is the world's best all round keeper. Ederson's sweeper keeping is probably on a level with Ter Stegan and Neuer, but I'm not sure as I don't watch either of them enough to compare.

I think all but the blue tinted specs wearing blues can see Hart is a busted flush, regressing year on year and cannot displace Adrien at West ham.

A one off special player this guy. Biggest impact on the team since Peps arrival. He smacks of confidence and is as hard as he is brave.

Good points made. I agree that Bravo looks a lot more confident this season, and i cannot complain if he gets the nod over Eddie in the final. He earned his place at Leicester on his pen saves, also redeemed himself bigtime c dippers in final. Still prefer Ederson in nets though ; )

It's all about opinion mate, mine is De Gea right now is the world's best all round keeper. Ederson's sweeper keeping is probably on a level with Ter Stegan and Neuer, but I'm not sure as I don't watch either of them enough to compare.

I think all but the blue tinted specs wearing blues can see Hart is a busted flush, regressing year on year and cannot displace Adrien at West ham.

It is about opinions and I also rate De gea but only as an instinctive shot stopper. If you were to measure both against say:

Shot stopping
Command of box
1 V 1
set pieces
Distribution

I would say Eddie would come out on top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.