Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame no goal has come from these passes yet. Teams will be wise to it now, but on the plus side, they will have to sit their back line so deep on goal kicks that we should have plenty of space to play a short-medium range pass and build up easily.

Even if teams are wise to it though, im not sure how they can defend against it. We can play our way through any team but also go route one even better than the derided long ball teams. You can only really properly set up to defend against either of those tactics at any one time. Teams could probably anticipate it from a goal kick but he's so good at releasing it quickly from the opposing team's attack, they have no time to regroup. I'm enjoying watching this so much ha!

I was on holiday in June & & became friendly with the manager of the car rental company I used. This man is a lifelong supporter & season ticket holder at Benfica.

The day it was announced that we had bought Ederson, my friend Ruben said that is the best deal City have ever done. At the moment perhaps the BM goalie is just better but very soon & for a long long time, many years, he will be the best in the world.

WOW how right he was.

He was also very, very positive about young Silva who came through the Benfica academy.

Ederson played well once again. Stoke tried to press us high up in our own half but our passing and movement, of which Ederson was an integral part, easily coped with the pressure. Ederson came out occasionally to sweep keeping the ball moving. In short, he's playing exactly the way that Pep wants his keepers to play.

Too bad about the 2 goals conceded - both off of extreme deflections which Ederson could do nothing about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.