Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine he'll still be under contract with Benfica until July 1st, as I don't think any transfer is official until then.
We have announced the transfer of Bernardo already, I think the transfer can be announced but the player cannot be officially registered,

Could the hold up be because players were involved in deal between Benfica and the 3rd party club?

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 1m1 minute ago
Rio Ave will receive €6.5m of the €40m fee for Ederson plus Benfica youngsters Pelé and Nuno Santos. [A Bola]

The last thing I read was that PL have to sanction the deal and need to review any 3rd party issues but that City believe that is a formality.

What I don't understand is that if Benfica can announce it why can't City?

I guess there are few loopholes to selling someone - just assurance that the monies will be paid. In terms of buying there are a lot of loopholes in terms of registration etc - particularly where third party ownership is involved. The formalities are obviously sufficiently done from Benfica's perspective - and it's worth noting just how bureaucratic and pedantic Portuguese culture is - whereas at our end there are clearly outstanding but not insurmountable issues to iron out.

You just know that whoever has to ratify this at the Premier League has set one apprentice to go through the paper work at a snails pace. Same with Mangala took about 2 weeks to confirm after he had done his interiews etc. Cocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.