Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is definitely some truth in what you have said! We have been poor defensively this year which wouldn't help any keeper. Pep knew what we had wasn't good enough and decided to replace at the beginning of the season. Pep brought Bravo in who has had no protection off our back 3/4 this has led to a loss of confidence where he then starts to make errors and is then replaced. (A combination of factors has gone against him really) Willy has done ok but everyone's knows he is a stop gap. Like you said next season you would hope we will improve defensively, I think it would help to have an imposing frame behind the back 4 that fills the goal. Bravo and Willy seem to make the goal look massive!

I don't think the size of the keeper will matter. Right now we have a very young Pep attack. We have some elements of a Pep midfield. We have no semblance of a Pep defense. And we have a perfect Pep keeper on the bench. All four pieces need to work together to succeed. We haven't seen that at all this season. If the attack (or Aguero specifically) doesn't press they are putting the midfield under pressure. If the midfield doesn't control possession and win the ball back nearly every time we lose it they will put the defense under pressure. The defense has to be able to play the ball out. The keeper is a key part of that but if he is working with Clichy and Ottamendi and Zabs he is going to fail.

I fully expect Ederson to look amazing next season because the 10 players in front of him will know what the fuck they are doing. That said, Bravo would do as good a job next season. I expect it is too late for him now thanks to the warm welcome our so called fans have given him.

Bottom line is the Keeper situation will resolve itself when Zabs, Clichy, Navas, Toure, Sagna, Fernando, Kompany and Ottamendi leave.

I don't think the size of the keeper will matter. Right now we have a very young Pep attack. We have some elements of a Pep midfield. We have no semblance of a Pep defense. And we have a perfect Pep keeper on the bench. All four pieces need to work together to succeed. We haven't seen that at all this season. If the attack (or Aguero specifically) doesn't press they are putting the midfield under pressure. If the midfield doesn't control possession and win the ball back nearly every time we lose it they will put the defense under pressure. The defense has to be able to play the ball out. The keeper is a key part of that but if he is working with Clichy and Ottamendi and Zabs he is going to fail.

I fully expect Ederson to look amazing next season because the 10 players in front of him will know what the fuck they are doing. That said, Bravo would do as good a job next season. I expect it is too late for him now thanks to the warm welcome our so called fans have given him.

Bottom line is the Keeper situation will resolve itself when Zabs, Clichy, Navas, Toure, Sagna, Fernando, Kompany and Ottamendi leave.
A bit harsh on Kompany?

A bit harsh on Kompany?

Love him as much as anyone. I just think his body is done. If he can stay healthy and play regularly over our last 10 games I think he has a shot but at his age and with the past 3 years I just don't see it happening. Love to be wrong on this one.

I like many of the players who are leaving. They just aren't the right players for us for any number of reasons. For Kompany it is because we can't waste a CL spot on someone who can't play.

With the exception of Ottamendi and Fernando, everyone I listed has been great for the club. The only bad apple in the bunch is Yaya and he has certainly contributed on the pitch when he has wanted to. They are all tough to see go but they all need to go and fast.

This lad is either shopping himself about or is set to be a City player next season.

This isn't cool though. I'd hate it if some City player was doing this ;(

Hey, he's obviously just happy to see his international colleague without his crutches ;)

On a side note, Gabriel's powerful brows don't half remind me of this guy:

13926366433.png

just like to say ` i told you so` when it comes to Caballero, and ditto when it comes to Bravo. there got it of my chest
when it comes to this lad he is very good but not as good as hart, or Butland and Butland is bigger and,english with a possible Delph Clichy and Ieanacho leaving it is important and .cheaper
I will not have a problem with this lad but would prefer Butland

just like to say ` i told you so` when it comes to Caballero, and ditto when it comes to Bravo. there got it of my chest
when it comes to this lad he is very good but not as good as hart, or Butland and Butland is bigger and,english with a possible Delph Clichy and Ieanacho leaving it is important and .cheaper
I will not have a problem with this lad but would prefer Butland
He is not as good in passing, we saw the other day how important it can be for the build up and control of the game.
Only if bravo was half as good with his shot stopping as he is with his feet we would be atleast half a dozen points better this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.