Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distribution and build-up is everything under Pep and it was Hart's biggest weakness.

I think Pep got rid of Joe because he saw him as a huge character who ran the dressing room and could potentially cause some stir if problems occurred. The same reason as why Pep got rid of Ronaldinho if I remember.

I loved Hart and do think he is a better goalkeeper than Bravo and Willy, but he isn't consistently world class and is capable of making as stupid an error as our current keepers.

Hart got jibbed for giving Pep lip.

Agreed.

Hart (and I say this as a fan) definitely had that 'I've already made it' vibe to him and often produced 'distracted' performances, usually only really playing to his full potential in the big CL games.

He had rarely been pushed, for City or England, and I think that has affected how good he could have been. Every time he's had a kick and been dropped, whether for Costel or Willy, he came back and played brilliantly. Then he became comfortable again.

It's a failing in Hart, but I also think successive managers have to take some blame for having a number 2 rather than another number 1 sat on the bench, although it's probably the hardest position to do it for

Hope to God this he succeeds with us. Problem with assessments based on being good on the ball is that it sometimes distracts us from assessing a GK properly as it concerns shot stopping. If he doesn't do well in the latter, the former would be of little consequence

Hope to God this he succeeds with us. Problem with assessments based on being good on the ball is that it sometimes distracts us from assessing a GK properly as it concerns shot stopping. If he doesn't do well in the latter, the former would be of little consequence

I think the way our defence has been this season, any keeper will have struggled, so for me, a better assessment should be available next season

Are you suggesting we scrap pep's philosophy to accommodate Hart - Aint going to happen is it?

As for Hart being able to play the way pep wants - no chance IMO

Great shot stopper, but that is about it with Joe.

no I'm obviously not suggesting that. just that i think hart is a better keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.