Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
All well and good but the point stands that we should never get carriedown away by ball playing skills of a GK or any player for that matter if they are not really good at their core job

Their core job is playing with their feet. Wait till next year...you will see.

Shot stopping is no less important than playing with the feet...I'm one of the few on here that have chosen not to give up on Bravo just yet but he has gotten so much stick from the fans enough to last for a lifetime, not because he'said been poor with the ball on his feet....

I'm.going to preface this by saying "it is true that stats don't show everything," But....

Hahaha, you little shit!

Personally, I think Joe's world class attribute is his one on one ability and that's one aspect we've desperately missed this season. I've only watched a handful of Benfica matches this season but I don't think I've ever seen a keeper as quick off his line. He's like lightning and this will be crucial if we're to carry on playing such a high line.

Shot stopping is no less important than playing with the feet...I'm one of the few on here that have chosen not to give up on Bravo just yet but he has gotten so much stick from the fans enough to last for a lifetime, not because he'said been poor with the ball on his feet....

But you aren't the manager. Playing with your feet is more important to Pep.

Getting stick from people on Bluemoon means absolutely nothing. He isn't getting stick from Pep.

Sorry, but as much as we can all see and appreciate the style of play being implemented. It's still a 'keeper who's comfortable with the ball at feet not someone who's comfortable with the ball at their feet who happens to be a 'keeper.

There's probably some non-leaguer who could skin the pitch but let the ball go through his legs. The core skills of a 'keeper won't be compromised to accommodate for silky passing. It'll be finding the best balance of both, something we don't currently have.

Sorry, but as much as we can all see and appreciate the style of play being implemented. It's still a 'keeper who's comfortable with the ball at feet not someone who's comfortable with the ball at their feet who happens to be a 'keeper.

There's probably some non-leaguer who could skin the pitch but let the ball go through his legs. The core skills of a 'keeper won't be compromised to accommodate for silky passing. It'll be finding the best balance of both, something we don't currently have.

Impossible to say that if you don't have the proper setup in front of the keeper.

Completely agree here, Bravo might be playing the way his manager wants but neither of them will be happy with a lot of the goals we've conceded and blaming that entirely on the defence would be to ignore a glaring deficiency in this season's performances.

I'm sure that's an opinion formed off seeing dozens of games of Ederson, and not just a youtube video, half a CL game and a deep held bias for Joe Hart?

Personally, after seeing only 4 or 5 Benfica games, I think Ederson's reflex saves are at least equal to Hart, He's much quicker off his line as well. Hard to judge 1v1's because there were only a couple in the games I've seen but he won them all.

Add in the 7 year age difference and infinitely better passing, and I'd take Ederson every day of the week.

no i actually watch every single benfica game and analyze how well he played after each... I've seen hime play a few times when they've been on and seen youtube clips, of course i haven't watched dozens of benfica games, bias ? its not bias, its from seeing hart play every week, i think hes more then good enough and proved that throughout the years. thats just my opinion.

Impossible to say that if you don't have the proper setup in front of the keeper.
Whilst I agree that plays an obvious factor it's not an overly decisive one for us this season with regards to conceding.

We concede an anomalous amount of goals in relation to chances conceded. For me the common denominator is the last the last line of defence, sub-standard 'keeping.

Caballero has more clean sheets and made more saves in less PL games than Bravo but I'd wager possession statistics and possibly chances conceded as a whole are higher and lesser, respectively, with Bravo in goal. They're tasked with two objectives, in simple terms, and neither can seemingly deliver both at least not consistently and to the desired standard.

Almost as one they've shown what is needed but individually they arguably lack what the other has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.