Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
right, but everything else i think hart is better. harts only 30 ? its not exactly old for a keeper.
I'm.going to preface this by saying "it is true that stats don't show everything," But....

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, Now this:

This season Ederson has been better at almost everthing, but in the argument of who is better, I am not predisposed to thinking Joe Hart when Ederson dwarfs him in every statistical goalkeeping category.

More clean sheets,14 - 5
Fewer errors, 2 - 6
Fewer goals conceded, 10 - 48

And the most telling of all:
Saves per goal:
Ederson 4.5 saves per every goal
Joe Hart 1.6 saves per goal.

The last start is shocking as it suggests Ederson and Joe are not even in the same category as shot stopping Keepers.

And we've not even discussing the foot skills part here yet. Just the traditional goalkeeping stuff.

Like I said, stats don't show everything. But if you need 5.5 shots on goal to beat one guy, but only 2.5 to beat the other. I know which one I'm more inclined to suggest is better.

right, but everything else i think hart is better. harts only 30 ? its not exactly old for a keeper.

I'm sure that's an opinion formed off seeing dozens of games of Ederson, and not just a youtube video, half a CL game and a deep held bias for Joe Hart?

Personally, after seeing only 4 or 5 Benfica games, I think Ederson's reflex saves are at least equal to Hart, He's much quicker off his line as well. Hard to judge 1v1's because there were only a couple in the games I've seen but he won them all.

Add in the 7 year age difference and infinitely better passing, and I'd take Ederson every day of the week.

I'm sure that's an opinion formed off seeing dozens of games of Ederson, and not just a youtube video, half a CL game and a deep held bias for Joe Hart?

Personally, after seeing only 4 or 5 Benfica games, I think Ederson's reflex saves are at least equal to Hart, He's much quicker off his line as well. Hard to judge 1v1's because there were only a couple in the games I've seen but he won them all.

Add in the 7 year age difference and infinitely better passing, and I'd take Ederson every day of the week.

i agree the age difference alone for me says you go for ederson 100% of the time, joe was a great keeper for us but ederson has the ability to be greater then hart was at any point in his career

I think the way our defence has been this season, any keeper will have struggled, so for me, a better assessment should be available next season
All well and good but the point stands that we should never get carriedown away by ball playing skills of a GK or any player for that matter if they are not really good at their core job

Again let me restate:

Statistically this year, Joe is not in the same class as Ederson when it comes to stopping shots.

So lets forget the footskills or age or Pep philosophy arguments for a 2nd. As shot stoppers with the duty of protecting their goalposts, Ederson is in Tier 1 rated goalie while Joe is a low end Tier3 or. High end Tier4 goalie.

At least, according to the incomplete stats that don't show everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.