Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed which is why I didn't make it. I said Pickford is better with his feet than Gunn. We will see in August. If we buy Pickford, I am right. If Gunn is our number two next season, you are.
Mate this is a losing argument for you I'm afraid. Pickford is average, at best, with his feet. Watch Sunderland, it's just long ball after long ball from Pickford.

Also, your not 'right' if we buy Pickford, because it doesn't mean he was bought because he has better footwork than Gunn, but because the board thinks Pickford has more experience. I would be upset if Pickford was bought.

Pickford and Gunn had equal trajectories like 2 years ago, but because he was given the chances and Gunn wasn't he looks like he is miles better.

Mind you, something similar happened with Denayer and Van Dijk at Celtic, in fact Denayer was considered the better prospect, so what happened? Van Dijk continued the trajectory of playing more top level games and Denayer was continually loaned out. Somehow, even the prospect of pairing two of Belgium's future CB pairings wasn't enough for City to play Denayer.

.....Uh no. I don't know how anyone could try to argue that. There's a hundred other reasons why we'd get pickford instead of Gunn, like Pep's refusal to use our own kids, just because Pep doesn't use him doesn't mean Gunn's footwork is bad, and if we don't buy Pickford it doesn't mean his is worse either.

There aren't hundreds of other reasons. And Pep does not have a policy of not using our own kids (yes I get many of us have been disappointed but you cannot actually argue that he is not going to play Gunn simply because Gunn is a City product).

So, if Gunn is as good as you guys suggest, we are not going to buy Pickford. Why would we?

Mate this is a losing argument for you I'm afraid. Pickford is average, at best, with his feet. Watch Sunderland, it's just long ball after long ball from Pickford.

Also, your not 'right' if we buy Pickford, because it doesn't mean he was bought because he has better footwork than Gunn, but because the board thinks Pickford has more experience. I would be upset if Pickford was bought.

Pickford and Gunn had equal trajectories like 2 years ago, but because he was given the chances and Gunn wasn't he looks like he is miles better.

Mind you, something similar happened with Denayer and Van Dijk at Celtic, in fact Denayer was considered the better prospect, so what happened? Van Dijk continued the trajectory of playing more top level games and Denayer was continually loaned out. Somehow, even the prospect of pairing two of Belgium's future CB pairings wasn't enough for City to play Denayer.

No I am not losing this argument.

Pep will not buy a keeper unless he is excellent with his feet. So if we buy him he is good with his feet.

What did you expect him to do for Sunderland. There is nothing to see from this past season for anyone to make a judgment one way or the other on his footwork...because he played for Sunderland.

Finally, our board does not make decision on our goalkeepers.

Looks like a Bravo number 1 for next season while Pickford settles and then becomes number 1 the following season for me.

Disastrous if true, Bravo is utter dog shit, spend what it takes to get a top keeper ffs, most important position to fix for next season. Ederson looks absolute class

I'm surprised that so many people think Pickford would go anywhere to be a number two at this point in his career. He's 23 and he's established himself as a number one now. He needs to play. Personally I hope we move for someone else as I think we can do better than Pickford a number one and I don't want him as number two if it means Bravo stays as first choice.

I'm surprised that so many people think Pickford would go anywhere to be a number two at this point in his career. He's 23 and he's established himself as a number one now. He needs to play. Personally I hope we move for someone else as I think we can do better than Pickford a number one and I don't want him as number two if it means Bravo stays as first choice.

I sort of agree with the first part of this. Pickford won't be sold the idea of coming to City and being number 2. He'll be sold the idea that him and Bravo will start evens in preseason and Pep will decide who starts the season with the gloves.

In terms of Ederson as his value continues to rise I become more and more skeptical about how serious our interest is. Now they're talking 60 million euros, 30 each to Benfica and the third party owners. I find it hard to believe we'll spend that on a g/k and still keep Bravo. For me for Ederson to come in Bravo would have to be the outgoing keeper.

My money's still on it being Pickford. Think we'll know sooner rather than later now Sunderland have been officially relegated.

I sort of agree with the first part of this. Pickford won't be sold the idea of coming to City and being number 2. He'll be sold the idea that him and Bravo will start evens in preseason and Pep will decide who starts the season with the gloves.

In terms of Ederson as his value continues to rise I become more and more skeptical about how serious our interest is. Now they're talking 60 million euros, 30 each to Benfica and the third party owners. I find it hard to believe we'll spend that on a g/k and still keep Bravo. For me for Ederson to come in Bravo would have to be the outgoing keeper.

My money's still on it being Pickford. Think we'll know sooner rather than later now Sunderland have been officially relegated.

To be fair, it was always fairly established that Ederson would require a world record for GKs fee and the issue of the third party part-owners isn't new.

Ederson is unquestionably better than Pickford and obviously the form Bravo has been in since his arrival, so it surprises me that they wouldn't pay the price for the lad, especially if the rags will instead. It's interesting to me that the rags are seemingly open to meeting every single one of Mourinho's transfer expectations, regardless of cost, yet City seem to want to take the cheaper options.

Then MEN linking to Butland. Thoughts on that Ahsan? And heard anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.