Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horseshit comment. Would being good at both violate the laws of physics? The top GKs in the world - Neuer, Lloris, De Gea, Courtois, Buffon, etc are good with their feet and are brilliant at the conventional goalkeeping skills. Literally every big club in the world has already moved to this type of GKs. You're living in the stone age if you think just saving shots will get you a starting position at clubs like Mardid, Barca, Bayern, Atletico or Juve.

by the way Ederson and Pickford can also save a shot or two hahah

We seem to have reliable ITK reports saying both Moraes and Pickford are done deals. Can't see both being true but who knows?

there isn't a chance we will get both imo. why would pickford come here to sit on the bench ?. either keeper would be good.

Don't really see the point in spending money on Pickford, we have Gunn. Getting in Ederson to be the number one and moving Gunn up to be 2nd choice looks like the obvious move imo. Haven't seen anything from Pickford to suggest he's an upgrade on Gunn, especially considering the way Pep wants his keeper to play and how comfortable Gunn is with his feet.

Ederson has shown he can play in net for a top side and looks ideally suited for a team like us. So alert, so quick off his line and always quick and accurate to distribute. Brave as well which is going to be key for any keeper for us as they are going to have to put up with some shit!

there isn't a chance we will get both imo. why would pickford come here to sit on the bench ?. either keeper would be good.

Agree that we should not get both.

That said, Pickford just got relegated. To come here for 1 year on the bench and then become Pep's number 1 would be a dream move for that kind of keeper.

I just read an article though i don't know how authentic that Ederson is co-owned and we may have to pay up to €60 million (£50.6 million), a world record fee for a goalkeeper. That would be ludicrous.

Don't really see the point in spending money on Pickford, we have Gunn. Getting in Ederson to be the number one and moving Gunn up to be 2nd choice looks like the obvious move imo. Haven't seen anything from Pickford to suggest he's an upgrade on Gunn, especially considering the way Pep wants his keeper to play and how comfortable Gunn is with his feet.

Ederson has shown he can play in net for a top side and looks ideally suited for a team like us. So alert, so quick off his line and always quick and accurate to distribute. Brave as well which is going to be key for any keeper for us as they are going to have to put up with some shit!

Pickford is supposedly far superior with his feet to Gunn.

Pickford is supposedly far superior with his feet to Gunn.
I don't buy that at all, Gunn is as good with his feet as anyone. I don't know where this has come from as I've not seen anything to suggest Pickford is even above average with his feet. Unless he was playing upfront for Sunderlands reserves, I'm not sure where he's been showing that he's great with his feet

In pre season Gunn showed so much talent and potential it would be criminal to not give him a shot at second goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.