Ederson out Sunday

Like most big games the first goal is key. For this match more so.

If we get it our makeshift defence (and Bravo, which despite some are saying has not proved himself in over 3 years) is going to come under tremendous pressure but it should open up space for KDB (so glad he is fit) to exploit. If they get it we need to not make any mistakes in possession or it is game over.

I would take a draw all day long.

Agreed
I just don’t understand how these could claim to be supporters...it is completely against the meaning of the word!
Bravo is a world class player. He would not be here otherwise and deserves our full respect.

Correct. Mahrez is a world class penalty taker too. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

Could all this about Ed being out be just mind games by Pep?

I wondered what went on at HT in Atlanta, but something’s not sitting right with me - gut instinct and all that bolloxs.

What a wind up that would be......

I wondered what went on at HT in Atlanta, but something’s not sitting right with me - gut instinct and all that bolloxs.
He seemed OK while he was playing for sure, I would have thought a pain killing jab could restore him for Sunday.

No

It seems the stars are aligning for littlewoods fc this season.
If they don't beat us on sunday, it may be viewed more of a defeat by their squad.
Must get, at least, a point.
The 1st 20mins will set the tone of the game. Maybe without our lynchpin keeper Pep will be pragmatic in his approach, maybe the 3-5-2 set up is the way to go here.
It will be 3-4-2-1 but don’t for a second think that’s pragmatic, it’s purely to create space for Cancelo and Mendy while still having 3/4 in central midfield with Sterling dropping in as necessary or pushing up as a second striker as necessary. Jesus and Angelino come on the the 2nd half for fresh legs and Mahrez to change it to 4-3-3 if plan A isn’t working. Keep the ball, shut the crowd down and the chances will come.

Bravo
Walker Stones Fernandinho
Cancelo Gundogan Bernardo Mendy
De Bruyne Sterling
Aguero

He seemed OK while he was playing for sure, I would have thought a pain killing jab could restore him for Sunday.

As we all know he’s one hell of a tough cookie, and I just can’t imagine he’d let something which I think is minor stop him playing - especially with the international break coming up as well.

Littlepool’s game plan is completely different against us with Bravo, so it’d be a great game plan.

It might be me wishful thinking, but you just never know.

He’s tricking the scousers to prepare for set pieces with Bravo in goals, and a small height back line fooling him into playing Henderson to produce those iconic sideways high balls only to start Ederson and have Rodri play CB

the mans a genius

It will be 3-4-2-1 but don’t for a second think that’s pragmatic, it’s purely to create space for Cancelo and Mendy while still having 3/4 in central midfield with Sterling dropping in as necessary or pushing up as a second striker as necessary. Jesus and Angelino come on the the 2nd half for fresh legs and Mahrez to change it to 4-3-3 if plan A isn’t working. Keep the ball, shut the crowd down and the chances will come.

Bravo
Walker Stones Fernandinho
Cancelo Gundogan Bernardo Mendy
De Bruyne Sterling
Aguero

That would be my team as I think we need walkers pace in the back three and the fullbacks to push on to block the supply line from Robertson and Arnold.

It is not with hindsight (check my posts) but United set up perfectly against Pool as they have two thrusts of attack.

The play a front three who run between the lines dragging the fullbacks in and allowing the fullbacks space to exploit or by finding the spaces with the front three between the centre halves and fullbacks. We should play three fullbacks to pick up the forwards and push the fullbacks on as there midfield has little creativity.

I would be tempted to play Jesus over Sterling in this one though.

Disagree wholeheartedly.
Do you honestly think you know better than Pep who knows exactly what Bravo can do and has seen him day in and out for the last 4 years?
If he really was a calamitous keeper how do you explain his playing career and success?
How do you explain the fact he has not been replaced in the squad?
The problem on Wednesday happened in front of him and far from being a fuck up he took one for the team like any real pro would and prevented us from losing that game.
He has shone in all cup games this and last season.
He will not be the reason we lose tomorrow and deserves our full backing as City fans.

He didn't play last season, he was injured, Muric was the back up and played in the cup games.

Pep clearly doesn't have faith in Bravo as he wouldn't have felt the need to go out and by Ederson in the first place. I'm sure he used to be a world class keeper but he isn't anymore. He makes our defence nervous which leads to hesitation which leads to the ball in our net.

I would love to be proved wrong tomorrow but I still fear that I'm right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.