Ederson

The unfortunate part of it all is, We can sign whoever we like as No.1 goalkeepers but they'll never be Eddie.

No other keeper in the world can do what Eddie does.
Bingo!

I really hope he stays. Not one goalkeeper in the world can replace his distribution, which is ultimately what sets him and us apart.

Exactly. The fee we managed to get for Trafford was incredible considering the experience he had at the time and he did nothing at Burnley to enhance his reputation. Suggesting we bring him back to take Ederson's spot in the squad is bonkers.

We either need to bring in an experienced number two happy with that spot and competent enough to step in when required, or a top tier number one to compete with Ortega.
No one suggested replacing Ederson with Trafford though, it was suggested that he replace Ortega who moves up into Eddie' spot as number one.

and that might be Trafford if Ortega is going to be number one.
Somehow I doubt that its impossible for the PL champions to find a better GK than someone that doesn't even have a full season as first choice in top flight football.

No one suggested replacing Ederson with Trafford though, it was suggested that he replace Ortega who moves up into Eddie' spot as number one.
The same point applies.

Trafford has shown so far that he is a poor Premier League goalkeeper.

Therefore why would we bring him in as number two, with the possibility to step in for important league games, Champions League games and potential cup finals?

Spoiler alert - We won't.

So not only are we going to significantly weaken our first choice GK, we are also going to significantly weaken our GK depth, while going for a risky alternative as first choice. I see no upside at all in this except it being some kind of money saving exercise. But as far as I know we are not skint.

So not only are we going to significantly weaken our first choice GK, we are also going to significantly weaken our GK depth, while going for a risky alternative as first choice. I see no upside at all in this except it being some kind of money saving exercise. But as far as I know we are not skint.

We are behaving like we are mate!

We're going to weaken the 1st choice regardless, if he goes, there is literally no one on his level. The only way we don't weaken the 2nd choice as well, is if we then sign someone better than Ortega, and that is no easy task as no one who is even as good as Ortega is coming as 2nd choice. We really lucked out with Ortega.

It wasn't me who suggested Trafford by the way but just a rebuttal to people who keep repeating that we would replace Ederson with Trafford.

We are behaving like we are mate!
Only a matter of time someone suggests we wont need to replace KDB if he leaves since "Foden is his replacement, Bobb is ready for more mins and we have McAtee coming in to cover Bobbs mins from last season". When in reality it would just be KDB out -> McAtee in. (just an example, I know KDB looks like staying now)

Whilst I don’t disagree with your sentiment, it is worth noting that we signed Ortega on the back of him being relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.