Ederson

Without doubt we’ll be considerably weaker in the goalkeeping department if Eddie leaves
It’s a risk from the club give the Number 1 to Ortega and settling for a back up. I just hope we don’t regret it mid season

James Trafford to become Ortegas number 2?
I cant imagine we would replace Ederson, a 6x PL, CL & 3x PL golden glove winner, with a player that ended his only season (so far) in top flight football as 2nd choice in a team that got relegated. I have nothing against Trafford, I hope he can continue to develop and maybe come back here one day but to sign him right now would be a huge risk, especially when Ortega as a potential first choice is far from a guaranteed success. If we are going with Ortega, with need a high quality backup ready to step up if it doesnt work out.

But in my opinion, we aim to be the best team in the world, if our first choice GK for the last 7 years leaves we should go get the best option available on the market.

Ipswich signed Muric in preference.
Exactly. The fee we managed to get for Trafford was incredible considering the experience he had at the time and he did nothing at Burnley to enhance his reputation. Suggesting we bring him back to take Ederson's spot in the squad is bonkers.

We either need to bring in an experienced number two happy with that spot and competent enough to step in when required, or a top tier number one to compete with Ortega.

I cant imagine we would replace Ederson, a 6x PL, CL & 3x PL golden glove winner, with a player that ended his only season (so far) in top flight football as 2nd choice in a team that got relegated. I have nothing against Trafford, I hope he can continue to develop and maybe come back here one day but to sign him right now would be a huge risk, especially when Ortega as a potential first choice is far from a guaranteed success. If we are going with Ortega, with need a high quality backup ready to step up if it doesnt work out.

But in my opinion, we aim to be the best team in the world, if our first choice GK for the last 7 years leaves we should go get the best option available on the market.
and that might be Trafford if Ortega is going to be our number one.

Agree with this, we at the moment seem to have lost some drive to push on and dominate? If Ederson goes, go and sign a new number one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.