Ederson

Good lord mate, that's so simplistic and you've ignored that we sold both Mahrez & Laporte to Saudi clubs.
Just because we previously sold 2 players to the Saudi's, doesn't mean it was 'good business', we only got 35m euros for Mahrez and 27.5m for Laporte. IMO Meh...
Just like PSG we wont get favours from Saudi's, despite the middle eastern connection.

We paid Leeds 49m euros for Phillips and received 47m euros from Chelsea for Palmer.
Currently Phillips is valued at maybe 25m if we are lucky? Whereas Palmer's valued at 80m+

Just because we previously sold 2 players to the Saudi's, doesn't mean it was 'good business', we only got 35m euros for Mahrez and 27.5m for Laporte. IMO Meh...
Just like PSG we wont get favours from Saudi's, despite the middle eastern connection.

We paid Leeds 49m euros for Phillips and received 47m euros from Chelsea for Palmer.
Currently Phillips is valued at maybe 25m if we are lucky? Whereas Palmer's valued at 80m+
35m for Mahrez at his age and on his contract was great business and the same for Laporte considering his knee is broken.

That's the reason why a high class CB like him ended up in Saudi.

35m for Mahrez at his age and on his contract was great business and the same for Laporte considering his knee is broken.

Not money?

Why are you arguing about it being 'good business' - your argument was they were rival clubs, trying to unsettle our players for that purpose alone. We sold them Mahrez & Laporte at fees we were happy with - we don't view them as rivals, as apart from the CWC, they aren't. They were clearly interested in buying Ederson as they wanted high quality keepers - after being rebuffed, they both signed other keepers. Not sure that last paragraph has to do with anything.

Laporte's knee is not broken he's not missed a game from injury since he had knee surgery at the beginning of the 22/23 season. He played every minute for Spain in their summer Euros win, post pool matches. He was in Goal's team of the tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a summer transfer back to a top European team he's only 30?

Imo Mahrez was also under appreciated by many. I certainly don't think it was 'great business' selling him for 35m and buying Nunes for 62m. Mahrez had 2 years left on his contract and was apparently quite content to be part of the squad. I think Mahrez would have been a more effective sub to bring on than Nunes, who I just don't rate.
Imo it would have been better to let Mahrez see out his contract and save the Nunes money for a better player?

Why are you arguing about it being 'good business' - your argument was they were rival clubs, trying to unsettle our players for that purpose alone. We sold them Mahrez & Laporte at fees we were happy with - we don't view them as rivals, as apart from the CWC, they aren't. They were clearly interested in buying Ederson as they wanted high quality keepers - after being rebuffed, they both signed other keepers. Not sure that last paragraph has to do with anything.
We struggle to do 'good business' with many clubs. However certain clubs like PSG, Newcastle and Saudi clubs have an extra rivalry with our club because of the middle Eastern politics.

The Saudi clubs were happy to take Ederson for mega buck wages but they won't be offering mega buck transfer fees to us. If they create dressing room unrest by unsettling a player, from their point of you, that's a good result, because they don't want us to be successful.

Laporte's knee is not broken he's not missed a game from injury since he had knee surgery at the beginning of the 22/23 season. He played every minute for Spain in their summer Euros win, post pool matches. He was in Goal's team of the tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a summer transfer back to a top European team he's only 30?

Imo Mahrez was also under appreciated by many. I certainly don't think it was 'great business' selling him for 35m and buying Nunes for 62m. Mahrez had 2 years left on his contract and was apparently quite content to be part of the squad. I think Mahrez would have been a more effective sub to bring on than Nunes, who I just don't rate.
Imo it would have been better to let Mahrez see out his contract and save the Nunes money for a better player?
Laporte gave an interview in Saudi saying saying he has issues and has to train and play accordingly.

You should market real estate!

Let’s see what Palmer Year 2 looks like before we cream ourselves over his year of freedom in a shit team!

There’s no question that he’s a player, but 80M+ is a very big number…
The values are not mine but from transfermarkt mate! ;-)
You can't deny Phillip's value has fallen off a cliff since we bought him, and the opposite with Palmer since we sold him.

Transfermarkt reckon Palmer is the the 26th most valuable player in the world!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.