Ederson

Didn't seem to effect him in the Euros? He had an outstanding tournament. (You could say the same about many players eg Haaland?)
He had a wonderful tournament but a big difference from playing 3 times a week at elite level.

I would imagine he is in auto pilot in the Saudi league.

He also wants to leave Saudi and again there seems to be no top club in for him which shows the issue.

He had a wonderful tournament but a big difference from playing 3 times a week at elite level.

I would imagine he is in auto pilot in the Saudi league.

He also wants to leave Saudi and again there seems to be no top club in for him which shows the issue.
He was linked with Athletico Bilbao, not the top tier but decent club in Spain. I imagine meeting wages could be an issue?
He seems to have an introvert personality? I wish him well.

We struggle to do 'good business' with many clubs. However certain clubs like PSG, Newcastle and Saudi clubs have an extra rivalry with our club because of the middle Eastern politics.

The Saudi clubs were happy to take Ederson for mega buck wages but they won't be offering mega buck transfer fees to us. If they create dressing room unrest by unsettling a player, from their point of you, that's a good result, because they don't want us to be successful.

Why are you repeatedly putting good business in quotation marks? Just to reiterate, Mahrez & Laporte were sold for fees we were happy with - we don't tend to make sales unless we are happy with the fees. I understand the point you are making but I don't understand why you believe it to be true? We would have been happy to sell Ederson if they met our valuation, as per Mahrez, Laporte and pretty much every other player. Not to defend them, but offering a massive wage often reduces the fee they want to pay. Making it out to be some conspiracy to unsettle Ederson to help Newcastle or PSG is just a bit odd.

Last edited:
Why are you repeatedly putting good business in quotation marks? Just to reiterate, Mahrez & Laporte were sold for fees we were happy with - we don't tend to make sales unless we are happy with the fees. I understand the point you are making but I don't understand why you believe it to be true? We would have been happy to sell Ederson if they met our valuation, as per Mahrez, Laporte and pretty much every other player. Not to defend them, but offering a massive wage often reduces the fee they want to pay. Making it out to be some conspiracy to unsettle Ederson to help Newcastle or PSG is just a bit odd.
Probably my last post on this because it's getting tedious! ;-)
It obviously wasn't a conspiracy to unsettle Ederson. The 2 Saudi clubs wanted a keeper and Ederson was interested at the mega bucks wages quoted.
Clubs less friendly, (political rivals and others), will generally offer less generous transfer fees than more neutral clubs.
It's no wonder we founded the CFG to help us!

He was linked with Athletico Bilbao, not the top tier but decent club in Spain. I imagine meeting wages could be an issue?
He seems to have an introvert personality? I wish him well.
100% magnificent player who in his final games in our shirt played with a very badly damaged knee to ensure we won the title.

The values are not mine but from transfermarkt mate! ;-)
You can't deny Phillip's value has fallen off a cliff since we bought him, and the opposite with Palmer since we sold him.

Transfermarkt reckon Palmer is the the 26th most valuable player in the world!
Wonder if it’s beer, weed or both?!

I’m firmly of the opinion that if a player wants to leave then fine, see you later, don’t let the door smack you on the arse on the way out.

Ederson and Alvarez are not bigger than the club.

If Ederson stays I hope Ortega gets the nod as first choice.

I’m firmly of the opinion that if a player wants to leave then fine, see you later, don’t let the door smack you on the arse on the way out.

Ederson and Alvarez are not bigger than the club.

If Ederson stays I hope Ortega gets the nod as first choice.
I did wonder if that would be the case when Ortega started the Barca friendly.

The giveaway will be the Charidee shield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.