Ederson?!!

I suspect he knew. His change of heart from going to staying was pretty immediate.

He’s a brilliant keeper but…just doesn’t instil the same confidence in the players that Ederson does. The FA Cup final for example, Gvardiol will have known whether Eddie was coming or staying for the ball and dealt with it accordingly.

Hopefully that will come with more time playing together and given his save against Son, he’s got enough credit in the bank to be given a shot at it. If it doesn’t work then we go into the market next Summer.

A bit disappointed by Ederson, though, considering he’s entering his peak but £600k+ is what it is.
I agree with everything but the bold bit.

I think Ortega looked confident and looked at home and the players adjusted nicely as the season went on.
Not sure who was to blame for the goal in the final, but if Ortega called then that was Josko's fault.
However, that doesn't diminish the fact that he played well down the stretch and deserves his chance.

I agree about Ederson.
We're going for 5 in a row, the CL and the cup again, seems strange to leave all that for a pub league!

I think Ortega looked confident and looked at home and the players adjusted nicely as the season went on.
Not sure who was to blame for the goal in the final, but if Ortega called then that was Josko's fault.
However, that doesn't diminish the fact that he played well down the stretch and deserves his chance.

I agree about Ederson.
We're going for 5 in a row, the CL and the cup again, seems strange to leave all that for a pub league!
If he goes, it’s for the money; the standard of football is irrelevant.

I agree about Ederson.
He’s won everything with us and tbh what’s 5 titles when you have 4 already . Ortega is a good keeper but is he good over 40 odd games

Ederson has huge boots to fill, but it's worth mentioning that Guardiola was playing his brand of football successfully before Ederson came along, so he's not the only one who can do it. We'll miss those incredible long passes though.

Ederson has huge boots to fill, but it's worth mentioning that Guardiola was playing his brand of football successfully before Ederson came along, so he's not the only one who can do it. We'll miss those incredible long passes though.
Oddly though, we seem to play that pass less since Haaland arrived!

He’s won everything with us and tbh what’s 5 titles when you have 4 already . Ortega is a good keeper but is he good over 40 odd games
It might be just me, but i think 5 in a row has a nice ring to it!

Ortega's quality, we all know what he can do, plus he's got the advantage over every other keeper - he's already here.
He's been playing at the top level with us and know's what the league and CL is all about. No other keeper, bar Eddie, can say that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.