Ederson?!!

If he does go i hope the club demands a huge fee as he is so important to us, under contract and one of the best in the world, so we have no need or desire to sell. If they were willing to spend 140 million on Salah i hope we do not accept a paltry fee like we often do, and demand a top price

At home: Brighton, Arsenal, Aston Villa and West Ham.
Away: Forest, Crystal Palace, Tottenham, Liverpool and Newcastle.

Pretty tough schedule, right? Those were the games that Ortega played last season for PL. 2 draws (Liverpool and Arsenal where he kept a clean sheet) and 7 victories.

People saying that we won't win PL without Ederson are forgetting the fact that for 25% of the last season, we already did (our point percentage with Ortega was better than with Ederson for example). Imagine Rodri missing those 9 matches for example.

We'll be fine. The difference between both is very slim.

Only thing I’d say is that Ortega only signed a 1 year extension on his current deal. Not like he signed a 5 year one, in which case I’d be thinking he’s been guaranteed the number 1 spot. Txiki also specified that he’s the best no2 out there when it was announced

I personally think the club will get a no1, if not we are just accepting a weakened goalkeeping department by buying back up for Ortega, who only signed a 1 year extension.
Very true.

If he does go i hope the club demands a huge fee as he is so important to us, under contract and one of the best in the world, so we have no need or desire to sell. If they were willing to spend 140 million on Salah i hope we do not accept a paltry fee like we often do, and demand a top price
Yeah, it seems like every club gets top $ for their players from Saudi, and then there is us looking at a mere 30+ for Ederson. Lol. I don't care how much they offer him, it needs to make sense to us. We will need more than a double to sign a replacement.

Yeah, it seems like every club gets top $ for their players from Saudi, and then there is us looking at a mere 30+ for Ederson. Lol. I don't care how much they offer him, it needs to make sense to us. We will need more than a double to sign a replacement.
How many have gone for high transfer fees?

How many have gone for high transfer fees?
PlayerClubsFeeYear
1. NeymarPSG to Al-Hilal€90m2023
2. OtavioPorto to Al-Nassr€60m2023
= MalcomZenit to Al-Hilal€60m2023
4. Ruben NevesWolves to Al-Hilal€55m2023
5. Aleksandar MitrovicFulham to Al-Hilal€52.5m2023

Take these 5 as an example. Ederson is surely in the same league as someone like Neymar?

PlayerClubsFeeYear

Take these 5 as an example. Ederson is surely in the same league as someone like Neymar?
He is to us but the club will probably look at it as 'you've served us well, bring us what we paid and you can go' The rep we have as a club that looks after players as long as you give us you're 100% is a big thing fans dont really take into account.

Even ignoring the cup final fuck up by ortega it is clear that our build up play from the back hugely suffers when ortega replaces ederson....this effects everything else further up the pitch. Ortega is a better shot stopper but I'd still prefer Ederson. If Ortega does replace ederson we will give more goals away playing out from the back

PlayerClubsFeeYear

Nowhere near.

Ederson's probably more useful on the pitch, given Neymar has done the square root of fuck all since going there.

But as a marketing tool for their entire league, Neymar is worth a thousand Edersons. It's hard to overstate how much Neymar is worshipped in other parts of the world.

PlayerClubsFeeYear

You can't be serious mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.