Ederson

It was on the cards unfortunately.
I don’t blame him if the wages being quoted are accurate.
I just hope we haven’t had our pants pulled down on the fee, especially considering who’s buying him and how they’re throwing money about on lesser players.
He’ll certainly be a miss.
He is Pep football, it starts with him.
Not convinced on Ortega being his replacement so hopefully we’ve got a decent replacement lined up.
Not gonna lie I’ll be gutted to see Eddie go : (
Ortega will be number one.

I think you're right, but we are so much easier to press with him in goal.
Ederson's passing dictates our play. Teams stand off us because of his range.
I absolutely agree that our whole style of play has evolved because of Eddy’s presence and skill set and it has resulted in our tremendous success over the last few years. However, as stated teams stand off us and allow us to get to the halfway line and then have to pass the ball from side to side over and over as we try to wear them down and create space or force a mistake. Many teams now set up with a low block to try and stifle and frustrate us and then hit us with the sucker punch - even Real Madrid and Arsenal last year at the Etihad. Maybe just maybe this unwanted change of goalkeeper will encourage teams to come on to us a bit more and leave the pockets of space that Pep’s ever evolving tactics and our gifted playmakers can exploit to continue providing the success we crave but with a new more creative approach. In Pep we trust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.