Ederson

Swap deal with another top club incl. their best goalkeeper who wants new challenge would be great.

But
Is there any goalkeeper out there who can replace Ed?

Swap deal with another top club incl. their best goalkeeper who wants new challenge would be great.

But
Is there any goalkeeper out there who can replace Ed?
It's been reported that if Ederson leaves, Ortega will be our number 1. We would be looking for a backup.

I would go for someone like Costa, but it seems like we are happy with Ortega as #1.

Still can't believe some blues thinks that his impact is minimal and any keeper can do what Edi does on the pitch.

He have big impact as much as Rodri was to how we play on each and every week, anyone that can't see this is just really lack in football knowledge.
Thanks for the heads up

I assume the club will adopt the same stance as with Bernardo.

If an acceptable offer comes in before a certain date, then he can leave, if not, he stays.
Absolutely and Bernado as an example has always given 110% whilst looking for that move. They are professionals they will get on with it (unless Cancelo)

Ortega as No1 makes us considerably weaker than last season.
Ortega played 9 PL games last season (basically 25% of PL):
- Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle, Palace and Nottingham away. Liverpool and Tottenham he played 30 min on both, but he had really good and busy performances on both, so I include them (he won MoM for Tottenham and top 3 for the Liverpool game).
- Arsenal, Aston Villa, West Ham and Brighton home.

Results: 7 wins and 2 draws (in both draws he kept a clean sheet) against extremely difficult teams.

He has played the FA Cup against Chelsea x2, Arsenal, Newcastle, Tottenham away, United x2. Only 1 loss.

Explain to me, with such a significant sample of matches, why are our results still the same if we are considerably weaker with Ortega? At worst, we are very slightly weaker.

Last edited:
Big loss if/when Ederson departs.

Couple of things tho:
1. If he wants to go then bring in the required fee.
2. City will have to buy another keeper. Ortega would in this instance deserve his chance.

Don’t forget this is pep. His history of ruthlessness when it comes to this position is clear.

The only players I would be gutted to lose is Phil and Rodri.

The rest can come and go and will do if the price is right. Shame he is chasing so much money but it’s his choice. If he goes he will go will city fans up most respect.

The club will be actively looking around. We make the odd mistake but we ain’t daft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.