Edin Doesn't Score Important Goals

Probably sick of it all.. they want him to go somewhere he'll play on a regular basis and where he's appreciated.

His goal against Qpr was important because we didn't really look like scoring and he basically took it on himself.

Edin isnt a bad player lets be honest about it. Since he has been at the club he has done well scored goals when given game time. He has held the ball up and his link play is decent. Has a bit of speed for a big lad too. What I dont get is Mancini and why in the first the place he signed Edin without have some good supply from the wide areas. I would love to know since his arrival how many headed goals he has scored at the club. I would guess maybe a handfull. We dont give him good service from the wide areas for him to attack. I was shocked we didnt bring in a top class winger this season to see just how good Edin could be at the club.

Look at how well he started the season he was bang on form scoring goals for fun then the rotation happens and he is finding it hard to get a run of games from the start. It will be interesting to see what happens with Edin next season. Compare Mario and Edin goals wise since they have come to the club not a lot between them and when you consider Mario takes a lot of penalties as well I think with Mario you would expect more goals from play by now.

leighton said:
Edin isnt a bad player lets be honest about it. Since he has been at the club he has done well scored goals when given game time. He has held the ball up and his link play is decent. Has a bit of speed for a big lad too. What I dont get is Mancini and why in the first the place he signed Edin without have some good supply from the wide areas. I would love to know since his arrival how many headed goals he has scored at the club. I would guess maybe a handfull. We dont give him good service from the wide areas for him to attack. I was shocked we didnt bring in a top class winger this season to see just how good Edin could be at the club.

Look at how well he started the season he was bang on form scoring goals for fun then the rotation happens and he is finding it hard to get a run of games from the start. It will be interesting to see what happens with Edin next season. Compare Mario and Edin goals wise since they have come to the club not a lot between them and when you consider Mario takes a lot of penalties as well I think with Mario you would expect more goals from play by now.

THIS. Edin is not a dribbler like aguero, tevez and mario(?) He is a box player.

JBG said:
Once you realize this it's kind of sad. Then again, Mancini probably knows that this is true and is working on fixing things (ie. more width/through balls/pace in attack). I'd be surprised if Dzeko was sold after being a City player for barely a year. Mancini has even said that Dzeko needs wingers and crosses so the Higuain-to-City and Dzeko-to-Real deal seems unlikely. But then again I don't really know what's going on in Mancini's or Dzeko's heads.

On an unrelated topic, I've noticed that more and more of the so-called "Dzeko fans" are calling for him to be sold (even within this thread). Why?

People on this board got tired of all the negativity and abuse against the guy, when the entire team is obviously struggling (and Dzeko it appears gets the most heat for all the struggles).

Because he "stinks" and is a "donkey" - so people would rather have him go somewhere where he will be given a real chance and fair treatment.

Sort of "enough is enough" kind of notion.

I've personnally stopped defending him much - yea I agree with people on here who hope he gets sold.

I really hope so...so Idont have to read some of the shit on this board day in and day out :-)

Guy a few pages back listed about 5 or 6 goals which have won cup ties and matches for us. Tell me, how many other players (with the exception of Yaya, Tevez and maybe Aguero) have scored as many 'important' goals as him?

I think Edin does ok, his confidence seems down recently but he needs to be mentally tougher than maybe he seems atm.

All players knew we would be rotating a lot so he just needs to keep his chin up.

Maybe Bobby could be a bit more accomodating though to players who are on a streak of good form.
It is a delicate balancing act for the manager that.

This may seem oftopic but it relates to his scoring imo.

I believe he showed a bit more intensity for Bosnia vs Brazil than he has done for us recently. He needs to do that in the prem more often, then he will get more goals imo.

TCIB said:
I think Edin does ok, his confidence seems down recently but he needs to be mentally tougher than maybe he seems atm.

All players knew we would be rotating a lot so he just needs to keep his chin up.

Maybe Bobby could be a bit more accomodating though to players who are on a streak of good form.
It is a delicate balancing act for the manager that.

This may seem oftopic but it relates to his scoring imo.

I believe he showed a bit more intensity for Bosnia vs Brazil than he has done for us recently. He needs to do that in the prem more often, then he will get more goals imo.

He's spearheading the attack of the national team, and gets back to help a bit in set pieces and stuff...and he doesn't have to come deep for the ball nor go on the flank...which he has to do all the time when playing for city....that's the only difference, he shows intensity when he's playing his natural position...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.