Edin Doesn't Score Important Goals

I just hope so that Dzeko goes from City to other league so I don't understand things people say about him.

I'm more concerned about his overall play rather than his goalscoring form. It is so much so that I would right now rather have Torres than Edin who can get simple stuff like touch and pass correct.

And I'm dismayed that we kept calling for wingers to support Edin. If we wanted to, we would have done it, but simply Edin wasn't bought to play like an Andy Carroll. Target men are things of a past now, only smaller teams play these one-dimensional players. We bought Edin to mould him into that Ibrahimovic, that Drogba, the complete forward.

I really think we need to stop discussing about Dzeko. The guy is feeling the pressure by fans in the field. Every time hes in they want from him to score immediately . Thats not possible even for Messi. Guys leave the players in peace and courgette them to play when they are on pitch. Dzeko is important not just for goals but for assistance. Nobody talks how many assistance he give to Aguero to score important goals for us. He is a team player, just needs to run a bit more - then he will be machine.

Just to say, but no hart feelings, enormous number of posts and enormous number of people writing on them talks how much you like Dzeko and Balo. We need to sing another song for them when they have a bad day called "you can do it" or "Dzeko and Balo scoring brothers, can devastate opponent each other. We can score whenever we can, Dzeko and Balo will lacerate your net." to give them confidence. You see, they will play better.

dobobobo said:
rickmcfc said:
He reminds me of Jo, but a better version.

Completely agree. Last season I said he needed to be judged on a full season but to date he hasn't acheived what he has been brought in to do.

I don't hate him as a player, but he's heading the way of Jo. He plays with no conviction, so much so I think he was possessed when we played Tottenham away.

Is it a case that he gets 90mins v Spuds AND gets some decent service or he plays out of his skin for 90min. Why can't he play like that every other game?

rickmcfc said:
Please don't shout me down, hear what i have to say. Quite simply Dzeko does not score goals, when we need one. If we are winning 3-0, he will score a 4th. If its 0-0 and we need a goal, he simply does not deliver. Here is some interesting reading.

August 28th, scored opener against Tottenham
October 29th, scored 1st and 2nd in a 3-1 win against Wolves.
November 5th, scored 1st against QPR
January 16th, scored 1st against Wigan

All his other goals are "less important". I know your going to come back and say that every goal is important which i agree to a certain extent, but scoring the 6th when we are 5-1 up, is not as important as scoring to make us win 1-0. I feel he is a weak link in our side, and given his oportunities, he should have scored a lot more. He reminds me of Jo, but a better version.

So Rick can I have what you're havin?

This is what you had to say bout the penalty claim yday

rickmcfc said:
Just seen it and I can totally understand why the referee didn't give it. From where he was stood it looks like no penalty, even from different angles I'm not sure and I've seen it 10 times.

What are you on about? Ppl might start to think you're a rag

Jaskosss said:
rickmcfc said:
Please don't shout me down, hear what i have to say. Quite simply Dzeko does not score goals, when we need one. If we are winning 3-0, he will score a 4th. If its 0-0 and we need a goal, he simply does not deliver. Here is some interesting reading.

All his other goals are "less important". I know your going to come back and say that every goal is important which i agree to a certain extent, but scoring the 6th when we are 5-1 up, is not as important as scoring to make us win 1-0. I feel he is a weak link in our side, and given his oportunities, he should have scored a lot more. He reminds me of Jo, but a better version.

So Rick can I have what you're havin?

This is what you had to say bout the penalty claim yday

rickmcfc said:
Just seen it and I can totally understand why the referee didn't give it. From where he was stood it looks like no penalty, even from different angles I'm not sure and I've seen it 10 times.

What are you on about? Ppl might start to think you're a rag

If that was a rag player it would be penalty. These judges are s***

rickmcfc said:

Dzeko is played wrong. It is that simple. If he leaves in the summer and starts banging them in for fun, especially if it is a PL team, eyes will turn to the reason why Dzeko was played wrong.

The way Dzeko is played now is like having a midget as a central defender.

Have no idea why Mancini plays him at all. It is not like Dzeko is suddenly going to change to the player Mancini wants him to be. That has become glaringly obvious.

yorks blue said:
He asnt had many starts really he seems a confidence player and why can't this be in one of the many dzeko threads?
Dzeko has started just slightly more than 50% of our games (he's started 24 matches out of 46). Balotelli has started only 19 times whereas Aguero has started 32 of our games. He's started enough times to make an impact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.