Edin Dzeko and RVP compared

feedthegoat27 said:
Great in the air, can finish comfortably with both feet. Not without his faults (like pretty much every forward), however he sticks the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis for us, so can't really grumble. Seems like a genuinely nice guy too.

With his peak years right about now, would be unwise to move him on. Wouldn't begrudge him a summer transfer though if he felt he was better served elsewhere or felt his chances were too limited should we sign Cavani.

I really like him, and hope we have him for years to come. And I'm not from Bosnia.

I never understand why people think this. He is at best average for his size in the air.

Corky said:
feedthegoat27 said:
Great in the air, can finish comfortably with both feet. Not without his faults (like pretty much every forward), however he sticks the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis for us, so can't really grumble. Seems like a genuinely nice guy too.

With his peak years right about now, would be unwise to move him on. Wouldn't begrudge him a summer transfer though if he felt he was better served elsewhere or felt his chances were too limited should we sign Cavani.

I really like him, and hope we have him for years to come. And I'm not from Bosnia.

I never understand why people think this. He is at best average for his size in the air.

His failure to use his size to his advantage is one of his greatest flaws.

Seosa said:
Corky said:
feedthegoat27 said:

His failure to use his size to his advantage is one of his greatest flaws.

I see what you mean. Could do with a 'nasty' streak in him, really put himself about, as he is a big guy.

He has scored some cracking headers for us. The one away at Spurs was immense. Other notables against Blackburn and Wigan. Some impressive headed goals whilst in Germany too. If he's in the right area and someone whips in a decent ball, there are not many other forwards in the world that I'd want on the end of it.

I don't need some stats to prove what I already know, he is superb goal scorer. There is a reason we bought him, he was amazing in Germany, he is amazing for his national team. But he is a player that needs ball to be fed to him, he is not gonna beat 5 players and score individual goals. This is the reason I don't think Cavani/Falcao, who make our fans wet, would be as good in our team as they currently are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.