Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That touch to Silva was sublime, if Merlin had converted that it would've been a beautiful team goal.

Wretched Vengeance said:
Good to see him smiling. Well done Edin, you have been immense in recent weeks.

Playing with a smile on his face and generally loving his football at the moment. His work rate for the team has been fantastic the last few games, both in defence and attack.

This is the Edin that the fans have been longing for...determined, committed, and scoring goals like he is shelling peas.

Very well done Edin. Keep up the great work.

Always liked him.

Hope he plays out his days at City maybe returning to Bosnia once his best days are behind him in a few years time to finish his career.

Those on here wanting him out like Javi and others are naive and premature in their assessment of him.

I've never stopped backing "55 goal flop" Edin Dzeko but this recent run of games he's had have surely proved the lunatic doubters wrong once and for all. Even at his frustrating worst he was always worth a place just for his ability to score goals

Now, brimful of confidence, he's the same Edin who terrorized the Bundesliga that famous season. He's making runs all over the place, he's closing players down aggressively, he's showing for the ball in tight areas, he's bullying defenders, he's hitting the ball 1st time and his first touch hasn't been letting him down

Prestwich_Blue said:
Haris Vlahovljak said:
Job well done for Edin,
Lack of support for him, and Negredo was the showman today, one of the things that is not good for the team. His late overfoot pass to Dzeko ( and Dzeko never miss that kind of sitters ) led to final draw.
However, Pellegrini nowdays is fighting against fortified bunkers and is very hard to score with that sort of opposition. He need to rest some men, others need to listen Pellegrini and play their roles.

And yes, Dzeko is world class player.

Best regards
Did better than most today but not world class in a million years (unless your world ends at the Bosnian border). Not in the same class as Aguero, Tevez, van Persie or even Rooney. And he misses plenty of "sitters".

That's harsh on Dzeko mate. How do you define World Class?
I can think of plenty of great goalscorers in the past who didn't have the obvious skills of Ronaldo or Messi, Shearer, Henry, Van Persie et al. Were Gerd Muller, Roger Hunt and jimmy Greaves world class? Was Ian Rush? Is Lewandowski, Thomas Muller?
The game is about scoring goals. Whether it's nicking one with a slick touch at the near post or a piece of individual wizardry. There aren't many strikers better than Dzeko at timing the run, finding the space and making those 'easy' goals look easy. I'm not saying he's an Aguero, but given the role he has to play with City, I can't think of many who would do a better job.

In all seriousness Edin was fooking fantastic against Cardiff, offered absolutely everything I want to see from him, held the ball up, scored, worked hard, kind of got an assist but didn't. Played a fantastic ball to Sergio with the outside of his foot too. He's forced his way in so that Negredo/Aguero isn't the automatic starting combination imo. If he carries on for the entire rest of the season I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong for wanting him out in the January transfer window.

Santiago Street . said:
I've never stopped backing "55 goal flop" Edin Dzeko but this recent run of games he's had have surely proved the lunatic doubters wrong once and for all. Even at his frustrating worst he was always worth a place just for his ability to score goals

Now, brimful of confidence, he's the same Edin who terrorized the Bundesliga that famous season. He's making runs all over the place, he's closing players down aggressively, he's showing for the ball in tight areas, he's bullying defenders, he's hitting the ball 1st time and his first touch hasn't been letting him down

No mate they are just foaming in the mouth and sharpening the blades in the anticipation for dzeko to go on a rough patch ( not score in a game, and miss 2 chances).. they are just hiding at the moment.

AntiUnited said:
Santiago Street . said:

No mate they are just foaming in the mouth and sharpening the blades in the anticipation for dzeko to go on a rough patch ( not score in a game, and miss 2 chances).. they are just hiding at the moment.

I find it strange that you're not on the Kolarov and Nasri thread giving it the big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.