Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puppet Master Silva said:
AntiUnited said:
Santiago Street . said:
I've never stopped backing "55 goal flop" Edin Dzeko but this recent run of games he's had have surely proved the lunatic doubters wrong once and for all. Even at his frustrating worst he was always worth a place just for his ability to score goals

Now, brimful of confidence, he's the same Edin who terrorized the Bundesliga that famous season. He's making runs all over the place, he's closing players down aggressively, he's showing for the ball in tight areas, he's bullying defenders, he's hitting the ball 1st time and his first touch hasn't been letting him down

No mate they are just foaming in the mouth and sharpening the blades in the anticipation for dzeko to go on a rough patch ( not score in a game, and miss 2 chances).. they are just hiding at the moment.

I find it strange that you're not on the Kolarov and Nasri thread giving it the big one.

Nope always though Kolarov, Nasri where top quality just didnt work out with mancini. And garcia as a good squad player never a starter though.

BlueSiam said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Haris Vlahovljak said:
Job well done for Edin,
Lack of support for him, and Negredo was the showman today, one of the things that is not good for the team. His late overfoot pass to Dzeko ( and Dzeko never miss that kind of sitters ) led to final draw.
However, Pellegrini nowdays is fighting against fortified bunkers and is very hard to score with that sort of opposition. He need to rest some men, others need to listen Pellegrini and play their roles.

And yes, Dzeko is world class player.

Best regards
Did better than most today but not world class in a million years (unless your world ends at the Bosnian border). Not in the same class as Aguero, Tevez, van Persie or even Rooney. And he misses plenty of "sitters".

That's harsh on Dzeko mate. How do you define World Class?
I can think of plenty of great goalscorers in the past who didn't have the obvious skills of Ronaldo or Messi, Shearer, Henry, Van Persie et al. Were Gerd Muller, Roger Hunt and jimmy Greaves world class? Was Ian Rush? Is Lewandowski, Thomas Muller?
The game is about scoring goals. Whether it's nicking one with a slick touch at the near post or a piece of individual wizardry. There aren't many strikers better than Dzeko at timing the run, finding the space and making those 'easy' goals look easy. I'm not saying he's an Aguero, but given the role he has to play with City, I can't think of many who would do a better job.

This season goal tally for some of world class players (all competitions):

Gareth Bale 10 goals
Radamel Falcao 10 goals
Carlos Tevez 12 goals
Karim Benzema 13 goals
Robert Lewandowski 16 goals
Edinson Cavani 16 goals

These players are unlike our Edin all starters for their respective sides.
He banged 16 this season and yes, he is world class for me too.

AntiUnited said:
AntiUnited said:
No mate they are just foaming in the mouth and sharpening the blades in the anticipation for dzeko to go on a rough patch ( not score in a game, and miss 2 chances).. they are just hiding at the moment.

I find it strange that you're not on the Kolarov and Nasri thread giving it the big one.

Nope always though Kolarov, Nasri where top quality just didnt work out with mancini. And garcia as a good squad player never a starter though.

The point I was making is that both of these players have improved vastly recently, so why only come on this thread and bang on about people giving them stick?

AntiUnited said:

The point I was making is that both of these players have improved vastly recently, so why only come on this thread and bang on about people giving them stick?
We have other players?

AntiUnited said:

erm because ive been defending him for like the past 5 threads and splinter threads from so called experts(that gave me abuse and kept pestering me that im some sort of sleeper Bosnian) that thought he was useless and time after time he would prove them wrong like how hes proving those clowns wrong again.. he will prolly go on a dry spell and the haters will get moist at that prospect so they could have a pop at him again. look at the garcia thread it's like hes the anti christ or something XD.

AntiUnited said:
AntiUnited said:

erm because ive been defending him for like the past 5 threads and splinter threads from so called experts(that gave me abuse and kept pestering me that im some sort of sleeper Bosnian) that thought he was useless and time after time he would prove them wrong like how hes proving those clowns wrong again.. he will prolly go on a dry spell and the haters will get moist at that prospect so they could have a pop at him again. look at the garcia thread it's like hes the anti christ or something XD.

Are you lost? I don't think you realise where you're posting...

AntiUnited said:

to be fair ive been drinking for quite abit now.. so being lost could explain some stuff.. but my point still stands it's all good in the hood now.. wait till he starts not scoring games and the knives will be out.

AntiUnited said:
AntiUnited said:

to be fair ive been drinking for quite abit now.. so being lost could explain some stuff.. but my point still stands it's all good in the hood now.. wait till he starts not scoring games and the knives will be out.

If players don't play well they get criticised. That's football.

AntiUnited said:

If players don't play well they get criticised. That's football.

obviously but abuse does not = constructive criticism.

I still am an Edin doubter but over the last month or so there has been a very evident attitude shift on his part.
I'm loving his goals his & his work rate at the moment delicious servings of humble pie, tastes sooo good! If the attitude remains there will be no complaints towards him from me if he goes through a lean spell.
I can forgive a player not scoring it's the not trying that gets my goat.

*try not to focus on the last sentance fanboys, I remember how sensitive you all are ;) Enjoy his success & let Edin do the speaking he serves much better pie!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.