Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

I wasnt a big fan of him but he has completely won me over. The amount of important goals he has scored this and last season and he has a great attitude.

Bigga said:
pominoz said:
Jaskosss said:
If it wasn't for him we'd be out of it already

Really?, why is that?

Do you think that if he was not here, we would not have a top class player in his place?
One that may, just may, be able to play well for 90 minutes on a regular basis?.

I like him for what he is good at, and that is scoring against tired teams in the last 20 minutes. As for a regular starter, no thanks.

All players need a run of games to find their feet, whether to find their tempo/ fitness/ work out the system/ score goals/ confidence/ whatever; so what you suggest about Dzeko is nonsense.

Why do you think the Prem is so sluggish, as a whole, for the first 5 - 8 games...?

Yeah, silly me, i mean the poor guy has only had 22 months to work out the system and adapt.

pominoz said:
Bigga said:
pominoz said:
Really?, why is that?

Do you think that if he was not here, we would not have a top class player in his place?
One that may, just may, be able to play well for 90 minutes on a regular basis?.

I like him for what he is good at, and that is scoring against tired teams in the last 20 minutes. As for a regular starter, no thanks.

All players need a run of games to find their feet, whether to find their tempo/ fitness/ work out the system/ score goals/ confidence/ whatever; so what you suggest about Dzeko is nonsense.

Why do you think the Prem is so sluggish, as a whole, for the first 5 - 8 games...?

Yeah, silly me, i mean the poor guy has only had 22 months to work out the system and adapt.
Isnt he the most prolific goalscorer goals per min in the prem for the last season or so?

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
Jaskosss said:
If it wasn't for him we'd be out of it already

Really?, why is that?

Do you seriously watch the games? cuz from the way u potray dzeko its like hes completely useless when he starts and yet you totally ignore the style we play from the start untill the last 20 mins when we usually change the system to a more route 1 tactic. "that is scoring against tired teams" is a myth by that logic kun and tevez would be the better choice cuz they could run right at the tired legs and pull them around the pitch while dzeko stays in the box = less running for the defenders.

The reason being is that both Kun and Tevez work their bollocks off (something i am yet to see Dzeko do for more than 20 mins) and the defenders are fucked by the time Dzeko comes on.
I am not knocking him, he is very, very good in the role that Mancini use's him in.
As a starter though, not for me.

pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
Really?, why is that?

Do you seriously watch the games? cuz from the way u potray dzeko its like hes completely useless when he starts and yet you totally ignore the style we play from the start untill the last 20 mins when we usually change the system to a more route 1 tactic. "that is scoring against tired teams" is a myth by that logic kun and tevez would be the better choice cuz they could run right at the tired legs and pull them around the pitch while dzeko stays in the box = less running for the defenders.

The reason being is that both Kun and Tevez work their bollocks off (something i am yet to see Dzeko do for more than 20 mins) and the defenders are fucked by the time Dzeko comes on.
I am not knocking him, he is very, very good in the role that Mancini use's him in.
As a starter though, not for me.

again i seriously doubt u watch the games. cuz thats complete bullshit what u just wrote there about his work rate. dzeko puts a shift in ( real madrid game or was he just standing in the box waiting for the ball.)

pominoz said:
Bigga said:
pominoz said:
Really?, why is that?

dear god. dzeko struggles to score when on from the start because most of the time we dont have width and we tend not to break quickly, this mean by the time we get to the edge of the oppositions box they have 11 men behind the ball. only when the opposition tire and the game gets stretched do the gaps appear, which is of course when we get more balls into the box, and we score more goal.

it might come as a shook be even last year most of our goals were scored in the second half of games

The cookie monster said:
pominoz said:
Bigga said:

Isnt he the most prolific goalscorer goals per min in the prem for the last season or so?

I know you are a "proper" City fan and not a Bosnian "Dzeko fanboy", tell me, do you think he would be anywhere near those stats if he had of started every game, having watched him play from the start in games?

pominoz said:
The cookie monster said:
pominoz said:

I know you are a "proper" City fan and not a Bosnian "Dzeko fanboy", tell me, do you think he would be anywhere near those stats if he had of started every game, having watched him play from the start in games?

ffs

r.soleofsalford said:
pominoz said:
Bigga said:

dear god. dzeko struggles to score when on from the start because most of the time we dont have width and we tend not to break quickly, this mean by the time we get to the edge of the oppositions box they have 11 men behind the ball. only when the opposition tire and the game gets stretched do the gaps appear, which is of course when we get more balls into the box, and we score more goal.

it might come as a shook be even last year most of our goals were scored in the second half of games

Therefore, is he not wasted starting games as that is not his way of playing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.