Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Arabian :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JW15sANCQ2Q[/youtube]

MSP said:
Arsenal stories are bullshit.. City are not Arsenal to sell players like Dzeko to Premier League rivals..

pominoz is irrelevant, he needs to get laid :)

I take your point but I actually think this might suit everyone involved if and it's a big if, Arsenal do want him. From Dzeko's point of view it's clear he feels he should be a regular starter. Whether he can get that at City under Mancini is debatable. Unlike others I think he has the abilities required to lead the line at a top club, just not one that plays the way which we do.

Both him and Mario to some extents have played vital parts in the trophies we've won, and in particular the league last season. They're huge achievements ( think of all the top players without PL winners medals who have played here down the years ).

On a personal level I'll be disappointed if Dzeko goes more so than Mario even though I rate Mario higher than Edin. With Edin there's no baggage, you can see he's a model pro, and you can see that he cares. He wants to play and he wants to be part of what's happening at City. I also think though that from the noises he's making, he knows there's top clubs who want him and I think this season could be his last with us.

On the super sub thing - it's difficult to call him that. He does struggle at times when he starts, but that's as much down to the way we play as anything else. Generally when we're chasing games we're happier to be much more direct in our play and the coaching staff are happier for Edin to push defenders right back and play as an out and out forward. Clearly playing that way suits him as is witnessed by the goals he scores.

There's a Bosnian who posts on the forum who always says "buy wingers or sell Edin". I would tend to agree with that.

BillyShears said:
MSP said:
Arsenal stories are bullshit.. City are not Arsenal to sell players like Dzeko to Premier League rivals..

pominoz is irrelevant, he needs to get laid :)

I take your point but I actually think this might suit everyone involved if and it's a big if, Arsenal do want him. From Dzeko's point of view it's clear he feels he should be a regular starter. Whether he can get that at City under Mancini is debatable. Unlike others I think he has the abilities required to lead the line at a top club, just not one that plays the way which we do.

Both him and Mario to some extents have played vital parts in the trophies we've won, and in particular the league last season. They're huge achievements ( think of all the top players without PL winners medals who have played here down the years ).

On a personal level I'll be disappointed if Dzeko goes more so than Mario even though I rate Mario higher than Edin. With Edin there's no baggage, you can see he's a model pro, and you can see that he cares. He wants to play and he wants to be part of what's happening at City. I also think though that from the noises he's making, he knows there's top clubs who want him and I think this season could be his last with us.

On the super sub thing - it's difficult to call him that. He does struggle at times when he starts, but that's as much down to the way we play as anything else. Generally when we're chasing games we're happier to be much more direct in our play and the coaching staff are happier for Edin to push defenders right back and play as an out and out forward. Clearly playing that way suits him as is witnessed by the goals he scores.

There's a Bosnian who posts on the forum who always says "buy wingers or sell Edin". I would tend to agree with that.

good post billy

Dzeko would certainly have a better status there but City wouldn't sell him to Arsenal. As much as he is not favored under Mancini, he knows he scores goals and won't help Arsenal to rise by selling them player who scores goals.

Then you have to add wages, Arsenal won't pay him enough to make him leave City.

When he leaves, it's going to be Germany or Italy, I guess Juventus is pretty realistic option next summer. They can pay his wages and pay enough to City + they're not PL team.

I don't think he'll be City player next year too though, this situation can't go forever and if there's anyone who can pay enough is after him, I guess he'll leave.

MSP said:

Dzeko would certainly have a better status there but City wouldn't sell him to Arsenal. As much as he is not favored under Mancini, he knows he scores goals and won't help Arsenal to rise by selling them player who scores goals.

Then you have to add wages, Arsenal won't pay him enough to make him leave City.

When he leaves, it's going to be Germany or Italy, I guess Juventus is pretty realistic option next summer. They can pay his wages and pay enough to City + they're not PL team.

Just a gut feeling but Dzeko strikes me as a player who'd happily take a pay cut to move to another top team. I'm sure a deal could be struck if there was a willingness from all parties.

At the executive level we have very good dealings with Arsenal due to Marwood's links there, and also because we've bankrolled their shareholders dividends, payouts, and pay rises since Sheikh Mansour came in .... :)

I'd be very disappointed if he went to Italy. Nothing league where he'll no doubt shine but a step down from the EPL.

Cue the inevitable clamour for Dzeko to start, and then when he does he's bog average. There is a recurring pattern here.

Best Supersub in European football at the moment, why change a successful formula?

Juventus is top team though, he'd probably be tempted to go there.

I don't know, I'm not fan of selling good players to your league rivals and I guess City are not too. Arsenal is not far away of being "a trouble team", you don't help them to become that.

BillyShears said:
MSP said:

Just a gut feeling but Dzeko strikes me as a player who'd happily take a pay cut to move to another top team. I'm sure a deal could be struck if there was a willingness from all parties.

At the executive level we have very good dealings with Arsenal due to Marwood's links there, and also because we've bankrolled their shareholders dividends, payouts, and pay rises since Sheikh Mansour came in .... :)

I'd be very disappointed if he went to Italy. Nothing league where he'll no doubt shine but a step down from the EPL.

Correct! He's a humble guy and he won't have any problems to play for a bit less money in a club like Arsenal as long as Arsene gives him a proper role in the team. I am sure about this because he was ready to give up some money when he was about to leave Wolfsburg, who was creating a lot of drama. Can't tell if that really happened though.

He has more than enough on his bank account, that's for sure. However, I doubt that his manager Mr. Redzepagic shares the same opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.