Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

MSP said:
Juventus is top team though, he'd probably be tempted to go there.

I don't know, I'm not fan of selling good players to your league rivals and I guess City are not too. Arsenal is not far away of being "a trouble team", you don't help them to become that.

I take your point both about Juve and about selling to Arsenal. Lets see ... for me he'll be here for the rest of this season at least ... who knows what happens as there's a lot of football to be played between then and now.

He doesn't like to be called one but he is a super sub.
Average at best when he starts, excellent when he comes on as a sub. Great to have someone like that in the team who will come on and get us the winner almost every time.

_dreamer_ said:
BillyShears said:
MSP said:
Dzeko would certainly have a better status there but City wouldn't sell him to Arsenal. As much as he is not favored under Mancini, he knows he scores goals and won't help Arsenal to rise by selling them player who scores goals.

Then you have to add wages, Arsenal won't pay him enough to make him leave City.

When he leaves, it's going to be Germany or Italy, I guess Juventus is pretty realistic option next summer. They can pay his wages and pay enough to City + they're not PL team.

Just a gut feeling but Dzeko strikes me as a player who'd happily take a pay cut to move to another top team. I'm sure a deal could be struck if there was a willingness from all parties.

At the executive level we have very good dealings with Arsenal due to Marwood's links there, and also because we've bankrolled their shareholders dividends, payouts, and pay rises since Sheikh Mansour came in .... :)

I'd be very disappointed if he went to Italy. Nothing league where he'll no doubt shine but a step down from the EPL.

Correct! He's a humble guy and he won't have any problems to play for a bit less money in a club like Arsenal as long as Arsene gives him a proper role in the team. I am sure about this because he was ready to give up some money when he was about to leave Wolfsburg, who was creating a lot of drama. Can't tell if that really happened though.

He has more than enough on his bank account, that's for sure. However, I doubt that his manager Mr. Redzepagic shares the same opinion.

If he wanted to take some bigger cuts he'd probably move last summer. We're not talking about 100 euros here, barely anyone want to take big cuts in their wages.

I wouldn't.

kara54 said:
This whole supersub-thing is rubbish.

It should rather be: We are playing shit, all our strikers are shit, as long as we try to play like Barcelona, which we are obviously not able to.
Than when we start playing old-school attacking football, normally in the last 20 mins, then the goals come.

If you say Dzeko is shit when starter, than this season Mario is for sure shit, and Aguero and Tevez are almost shit. Because no one of them is on fire, and no one is scoring goals on regular basis as starter. But only Dzeko is bad as starter, because he is actually the only one on fire, and due to lack of starts, his greatest displays come as a sub.

And Edin often scored a goal in a game, but was criticised for not scoring another one. Interestingly, no one remembers how bad Kun was yesterday before his goal. Or the critics for Dzeko being offside twice in a game. But I did not see a single negative comment aboout Tevez' offsides yesterday.

The fact that we needed Dzekos late goals so often this years suggests that there might be something wrong in the way we play before Dzeko comes on. But anyhow, I already saw that there are many City fans here, who just cannot acknowledge Dzeko's abilities, as well as there are some who deny any of his shortcomings. And no matter what arguments you have, they won't change their minds.

Top, top post.

EaglesFan said:
If any of these rumours (Daily Fail, etc) have ANY truth to them, and Arsenal are truly preparing a bid for Dzeko in January - then many people on here (pominoz and alikes) WILL FINALLY GET THEIR WISH and Dzeko will be out of town.

City will be at a loss, but these guys' animosity towards Edin is bigger than the club itself, so I'm sure they wont care.

Yea, you know who you are. You'll get your wish sooner rather than later, hope you'll be happy campers.

You (and msp) just do not get it, do you?. I and others have no hatred for Dzeko, he seems to be a very nice bloke, but it is just not working for him if he wants to be the "star man" at City.
He has better all round strikers ahead of him in Kun and Tevez, he is a very good but limited player, everything has to be set up for the way he likes to play, that is not going to happen here.
He either adapts and puts more effort in or moves on (with my best wishes, by the way).
Stop taking every criticism of Dzeko, as a personal insult to your nation.

pominoz said:
EaglesFan said:
If any of these rumours (Daily Fail, etc) have ANY truth to them, and Arsenal are truly preparing a bid for Dzeko in January - then many people on here (pominoz and alikes) WILL FINALLY GET THEIR WISH and Dzeko will be out of town.

City will be at a loss, but these guys' animosity towards Edin is bigger than the club itself, so I'm sure they wont care.

Yea, you know who you are. You'll get your wish sooner rather than later, hope you'll be happy campers.

You (and msp) just do not get it, do you?. I and others have no hatred for Dzeko, he seems to be a very nice bloke, but it is just not working for him if he wants to be the "star man" at City.
He has better all round strikers ahead of him in Kun and Tevez, he is a very good but limited player, everything has to be set up for the way he likes to play, that is not going to happen here.
He either adapts and puts more effort in or moves on (with my best wishes, by the way).

i thought eaglesfan was from urmston

r.soleofsalford said:
pominoz said:
EaglesFan said:

i thought eaglesfan was from urmston

I may be proved wrong, but i very much doubt it.

pominoz said:
EaglesFan said:

You can't insult me mate, stop rating yourself too high :)

You certainly can't insult me with nation stuff, I couldn't care less about nation feelings.

MSP said:
If he wanted to take some bigger cuts he'd probably move last summer. We're not talking about 100 euros here, barely anyone want to take big cuts in their wages.

I wouldn't.

I suppose it depends upon the bigger picture. I can imagine the difference between a 7 million a year contract and a 5 million a year contract isn't going to be huge once you factor in the loyalty payment which will be due to Dzeko if/when City sell him, plus his appearance fees (as he'd be earning far more of those starting regularly than at City).

If I were his agent I think i could make a pretty compelling argument for why in the long run he'd probably be "worth" more in what income he can generate for himself by being a star at Arsenal as opposed to a "squad" player at City.

I think this summer although there was some interest, nobody came close to our valuation for him, and our valuation was probably set in the knowledge that it would be highly unlikely we'd move him on. He absolutely deserved to stay and fight for his place - more so than Mario after what happened at Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.