Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

pominoz said:
noise said:
olddirty said:
I think they are created by guys like you - Dzeko fan boys.

Or maybe by those who think a player like Dzeko should not spend the rest of his career on the bench?

Then he should play well,more consistently. Simple really.

like kun right ... /sigh

r.soleofsalford said:
BosnianDiamond said:
kara54 said:
This whole supersub-thing is rubbish.

It should rather be: We are playing shit, all our strikers are shit, as long as we try to play like Barcelona, which we are obviously not able to.
Than when we start playing old-school attacking football, normally in the last 20 mins, then the goals come.

If you say Dzeko is shit when starter, than this season Mario is for sure shit, and Aguero and Tevez are almost shit. Because no one of them is on fire, and no one is scoring goals on regular basis as starter. But only Dzeko is bad as starter, because he is actually the only one on fire, and due to lack of starts, his greatest displays come as a sub.

And Edin often scored a goal in a game, but was criticised for not scoring another one. Interestingly, no one remembers how bad Kun was yesterday before his goal. Or the critics for Dzeko being offside twice in a game. But I did not see a single negative comment aboout Tevez' offsides yesterday.

The fact that we needed Dzekos late goals so often this years suggests that there might be something wrong in the way we play before Dzeko comes on. But anyhow, I already saw that there are many City fans here, who just cannot acknowledge Dzeko's abilities, as well as there are some who deny any of his shortcomings. And no matter what arguments you have, they won't change their minds.
Wow, finally a reasonable post. I'm baffled that people seem to put Dzeko under a microscope, and any game he doesn't score he's labeled as "not good enough". Prior to scoring yesterday, Kun Aguero was awful, he had a wide open ball bounce off him 30 yards. This is not to criticize Aguero, because I think fans on here are too critical of the players to begin with. But I'm glad someone realized that Mancini's tactics/style of play don't really suit any of the strikers on this team. Nobody is really scoring at will! Trying to be Barca is the reason we're getting raped in the Champions League. If we played more conventional, organized football, I guarantee we'd have better results.

good reply and very close if not exactly on the money

THIS is EXACTLY what I've been saying all along...but hey-ho, it's easier to attack someone on the grounds of their nation or personal preference or whatever the fuck other ground (totally unrelated to football) than to produce some valid arguments.

Would you drop Carlos/Sergio or play all three with Carlos in a deeper role?

Mancini have tried starting Mario, Sergio & Carlos together but never tried Edin with Sergio & Carlos.

Bazzmand Show said:
pudge said:
Owen has a point.

When Edin comes on as a sub it's because we need a goal. The team is then a lot more direct, he's fresh against tired legs and a lot of the play will then go through him and he pops up with goal after goal.

But when he starts and the tempo of the game isn't as fast or direct he becomes invisible.

If he has scored 6 of his 7 goals this season coming off the bench, and thus 1 goal when starting, surely it's understandable as to why he doesn't start as often as some would like?

Hypothetical question, I REPEAT, A HYPOTHETICAL question;

If Dzeko started the next 5 games, for arguments sake, and didn't score and was then dropped for the next game but scored coming off the bench, would people clamour for him to start again the next game?

When was the last time Edin was given 5 games in a row as a starter? It's always one, then back to the bench. We have yet to see if he can do it consistently, because he hasn't had that chance. Mancini should really be saying "I'll give you 5 games no matter what happens now, pressures off". Starting a game knowing that you could be dropped, works well for some players and poorly for others. I think Edin is somone who plays better without the threat of being dropped and when he comes off the bench, the pressure if off so to speak. The Aguero/Dzeko partnership should be starting next week vs Villa imo.
I even stressed that it was a hypothetical question yet in your first line you fail to realise that.

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
noise said:
Or maybe by those who think a player like Dzeko should not spend the rest of his career on the bench?

Then he should play well,more consistently. Simple really.

like kun right ... /sigh

You have posted this about 5 times now and not had a reply once. I think that says a lot.

Pam said:
I think it would be good for carlos to be shuffled back a little and leave edin and sergio up top together. Tevez seems to have lost his clinical finish atm

neoblue said:
Pam said:
I think it would be good for carlos to be shuffled back a little and leave edin and sergio up top together. Tevez seems to have lost his clinical finish atm

The more I think about it, the more I like it. He is such a clever little player and as long as he's up for it, he would excel.

pudge said:
Hypothetical question, I REPEAT, A HYPOTHETICAL question;

If Dzeko started the next 5 games, for arguments sake, and didn't score and was then dropped for the next game but scored coming off the bench, would people clamour for him to start again the next game?

If, but he does not get that chance.
But, why do you not apply the same logic to Aguero and Tevez? Or are they just intouchable? Aguero scored two goals int the last two games, and I'm glad he did, but he is still far from his best form. Tevez has scored one in I dont know how many starts? In their current form Dzeko is clearly better than both, Tevez and Aguero.

And what should Dzeko do? Use the one and only start he is given, in some really weird line-ups? And if not, then again wait for City to play bad, to be behind, so that he gets his chance?

No, there is no sense behind your madness. If you'd be honest to you, you'd see that your arguments just apply to all of our strikers. Not only Dzeko, no one of them is scoring at will. And I think the reason is our style of play. Damn we were outplayed from Borussia, Napoli, Ajax.... But no one of them have a squad nearly comparable to ours.

I think this causes troubles to all of our strikers. But whereas Aguero and Tevez are allowed to start as many games as they want, because they are simply better than Dzeko (although his goalscoring stats from last 5 years in Germany, England and with the national team do not back up this), Dzeko has to be benched after any but genius performance when he starts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.