Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

pominoz said:
Bigga said:
pominoz said:
Really?, why is that?

Do you think that if he was not here, we would not have a top class player in his place?
One that may, just may, be able to play well for 90 minutes on a regular basis?.

I like him for what he is good at, and that is scoring against tired teams in the last 20 minutes. As for a regular starter, no thanks.

All players need a run of games to find their feet, whether to find their tempo/ fitness/ work out the system/ score goals/ confidence/ whatever; so what you suggest about Dzeko is nonsense.

Why do you think the Prem is so sluggish, as a whole, for the first 5 - 8 games...?

Yeah, silly me, i mean the poor guy has only had 22 months to work out the system and adapt.

I think I'll waffle you to death...

Have we not changed system or, at least added, to it? Has Mancini determined that Tévez and Aguero are the lead players for the striker role, up top, regardless of form? If this is the case (and I suspect it is) then Edin Dzeko will have to find the time to work out the system in actual play, rather than in practice (real play and practice are different levels as you cannot legislate for opposition play, except to surmise their actions) and that is from the bench.

He would have to work out who to exchange positions with and the responsibility of that new position, when to go or if to drop in to mid or hold the line depending on who makes way for the sub. Each forward player offers different permutations to this fact.

And this is from the bench where impact is paramount.

Playing from the start would allow Edin's play to flow 'naturally' after a run of games in a new system (he knows more about it now than the start of the season), but that does not exclude finding tempo/ confidence/ whatever that his other more regular team mates have in their tank.

We're a few more games in and, eventually, this cannot be used as an excuse, but I think it's fair to say Dzeko deserves a run of games, whether he scores or not. He will still be there to cause teams problems.

Like Tévez.

Kun Aguero said:
On current form Dzeko should be our number 1 striker.Give him a chance and 8/10 he will score, and no I'm not a Bosnian.

neither am i but some people think kun/tevez are litterly untouchable and have collective amnesia when they play dog shit and if dzeko is in that team hes the 1 that gets slated. its proper hypocracy.

-- Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 pm --

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
Then he should play well,more consistently. Simple really.

like kun right ... /sigh

You have posted this about 5 times now and not had a reply once. I think that says a lot.

they know im right but hey ho kun is better even thought hes played like shit for a couple of games.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 pm --<br /><br />
Pam said:
Would you drop Carlos/Sergio or play all three with Carlos in a deeper role?

Drop carlos behind and keep kun/dzeko in the box.

kara54 said:
pudge said:
Hypothetical question, I REPEAT, A HYPOTHETICAL question;

If Dzeko started the next 5 games, for arguments sake, and didn't score and was then dropped for the next game but scored coming off the bench, would people clamour for him to start again the next game?

If, but he does not get that chance.
But, why do you not apply the same logic to Aguero and Tevez? Or are they just intouchable? Aguero scored two goals int the last two games, and I'm glad he did, but he is still far from his best form. Tevez has scored one in I dont know how many starts? In their current form Dzeko is clearly better than both, Tevez and Aguero.

And what should Dzeko do? Use the one and only start he is given, in some really weird line-ups? And if not, then again wait for City to play bad, to be behind, so that he gets his chance?

No, there is no sense behind your madness. If you'd be honest to you, you'd see that your arguments just apply to all of our strikers. Not only Dzeko, no one of them is scoring at will. And I think the reason is our style of play. Damn we were outplayed from Borussia, Napoli, Ajax.... But no one of them have a squad nearly comparable to ours.

I think this causes troubles to all of our strikers. But whereas Aguero and Tevez are allowed to start as many games as they want, because they are simply better than Dzeko (although his goalscoring stats from last 5 years in Germany, England and with the national team do not back up this), Dzeko has to be benched after any but genius performance when he starts.
It's not an argument, it's a HYPOTHETICAL question.

I do not apply the same hypothetical to Aguero and Tevez because this is the Dzeko thread.

What is so hard to understand from my original post or didn't you read it?

Fantastic player a club man through and through great professional and role model everything that was talked about we are trying to produce in turn with our new academy facility by marwood everything the other idiot balotelli isn't

pudge said:
Bazzmand Show said:
pudge said:
Owen has a point.

When Edin comes on as a sub it's because we need a goal. The team is then a lot more direct, he's fresh against tired legs and a lot of the play will then go through him and he pops up with goal after goal.

But when he starts and the tempo of the game isn't as fast or direct he becomes invisible.

If he has scored 6 of his 7 goals this season coming off the bench, and thus 1 goal when starting, surely it's understandable as to why he doesn't start as often as some would like?

Hypothetical question, I REPEAT, A HYPOTHETICAL question;

If Dzeko started the next 5 games, for arguments sake, and didn't score and was then dropped for the next game but scored coming off the bench, would people clamour for him to start again the next game?

When was the last time Edin was given 5 games in a row as a starter? It's always one, then back to the bench. We have yet to see if he can do it consistently, because he hasn't had that chance. Mancini should really be saying "I'll give you 5 games no matter what happens now, pressures off". Starting a game knowing that you could be dropped, works well for some players and poorly for others. I think Edin is somone who plays better without the threat of being dropped and when he comes off the bench, the pressure if off so to speak. The Aguero/Dzeko partnership should be starting next week vs Villa imo.
I even stressed that it was a hypothetical question yet in your first line you fail to realise that.
if kun-tevez played 15 games,and city always have 0-1,0-2,why this duo start again the next game?

ed10 said:
pudge said:
Bazzmand Show said:
When was the last time Edin was given 5 games in a row as a starter? It's always one, then back to the bench. We have yet to see if he can do it consistently, because he hasn't had that chance. Mancini should really be saying "I'll give you 5 games no matter what happens now, pressures off". Starting a game knowing that you could be dropped, works well for some players and poorly for others. I think Edin is somone who plays better without the threat of being dropped and when he comes off the bench, the pressure if off so to speak. The Aguero/Dzeko partnership should be starting next week vs Villa imo.
I even stressed that it was a hypothetical question yet in your first line you fail to realise that.
if kun-tevez played 15 games,and city always have 0-1,0-2,why this duo start again the next game?
Because they are our best two strikers and arguably are best two players.

Each have had 20+ goal seasons for the club, one having a 30 goal season.

If Dzeko scores 6 of his 7 goals off the bench, why should he start?

pudge said:
ed10 said:
pudge said:
Because they are our best two strikers and arguably are best two players.

Each have had 20+ goal seasons for the club, one having a 30 goal season.

If Dzeko scores 6 of his 7 goals off the bench, why should he start?

arguably the best 2 strikers that are having stinkers atm (is this to controversial ? ). and the top scorer cant get a run of games fine logic that...

This is a tricky one. It's impossible to keep 4 top strikers happy and if we had to lose one, much better Balo than Dzeko imo. Balo is too flawed and self-centred whereas Kun and Tevez are integral. Then we could keep Edin happy if he was given a fairer crack of the whip.

If Falcao were to join, as some suggest, we'll start the issue all over again. Why would he sign, though, other than for pure financial reasons?

Maybe the 4th striker needs to be someone earlier in their career, e.g. Guidetti.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.