Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
ed10 said:
if kun-tevez played 15 games,and city always have 0-1,0-2,why this duo start again the next game?
Because they are our best two strikers and arguably are best two players.

Each have had 20+ goal seasons for the club, one having a 30 goal season.

If Dzeko scores 6 of his 7 goals off the bench, why should he start?

arguably the best 2 strikers that are having stinkers atm (is this to controversial ? ). and the top scorer cant get a run of games fine logic that...
So it's okay to present the idea of letting Dzeko start 5 or 6 games to find his confidence/form but not for any other striker?

Yeah, fine logic that..........<br /><br />-- Nov 12th, '12, 19:04 --<br /><br />
JasminBosnia said:
kara54 said:
...... Dzeko has to be benched after any but genius performance when he starts.
Reminder:
Spuds - City 1-5 , The first ever MCFC player who scored 4 was benched next game :D.
Reminder:
We won that next game 3-0.

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:

arguably the best 2 strikers that are having stinkers atm (is this to controversial ? ). and the top scorer cant get a run of games fine logic that...
So it's okay to present the idea of letting Dzeko start 5 or 6 games to find his confidence/form but not for any other striker?

Yeah, fine logic that..........

-- Nov 12th, '12, 19:04 --

JasminBosnia said:
kara54 said:
...... Dzeko has to be benched after any but genius performance when he starts.
Reminder:
Spuds - City 1-5 , The first ever MCFC player who scored 4 was benched next game :D.
Reminder:

what find confidence hes the leading scorer and has been clutch when played properly kun has played dog shit and the first touch of a rapist these past 2 games. am i seriously watching different football team?

pudge said:
ed10 said:
pudge said:
I even stressed that it was a hypothetical question yet in your first line you fail to realise that.
if kun-tevez played 15 games,and city always have 0-1,0-2,why this duo start again the next game?

They sure are getting a lot of mileage out of those 20-goal seasons. We're almost a third into this season, and Tevez is a goal per 209 minutes. That's terrible.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
ed10 said:

They sure are getting a lot of mileage out of those 20-goal seasons. We're almost a third into this season, and Tevez is a goal per 209 minutes. That's terrible.

Thing is though he contributed more then Dzeko does when he starts..... If it's not broken don't try and fix it!

pudge said:
ed10 said:
pudge said:
I even stressed that it was a hypothetical question yet in your first line you fail to realise that.

because no goals when he's on the bench:)

BillyShears said:
MSP said:
Arsenal stories are bullshit.. City are not Arsenal to sell players like Dzeko to Premier League rivals..

pominoz is irrelevant, he needs to get laid :)

I take your point but I actually think this might suit everyone involved if and it's a big if, Arsenal do want him. From Dzeko's point of view it's clear he feels he should be a regular starter. Whether he can get that at City under Mancini is debatable. Unlike others I think he has the abilities required to lead the line at a top club, just not one that plays the way which we do.

Both him and Mario to some extents have played vital parts in the trophies we've won, and in particular the league last season. They're huge achievements ( think of all the top players without PL winners medals who have played here down the years ).

On a personal level I'll be disappointed if Dzeko goes more so than Mario even though I rate Mario higher than Edin. With Edin there's no baggage, you can see he's a model pro, and you can see that he cares. He wants to play and he wants to be part of what's happening at City. I also think though that from the noises he's making, he knows there's top clubs who want him and I think this season could be his last with us.

On the super sub thing - it's difficult to call him that. He does struggle at times when he starts, but that's as much down to the way we play as anything else. Generally when we're chasing games we're happier to be much more direct in our play and the coaching staff are happier for Edin to push defenders right back and play as an out and out forward. Clearly playing that way suits him as is witnessed by the goals he scores.

There's a Bosnian who posts on the forum who always says "buy wingers or sell Edin". I would tend to agree with that.
I understand and respect your opinion as you're an actual Blue, but did you see where I mentioned yesterday that the new target of ire is Aguero now that we're fairly sure that Balotelli is being sold? And now we have a dozen or so pages of Dzeko fans railing against Aguero with Tevez thrown in for good measure. I promise you, we could go on an insane spending spree and bring in Messi, Ronaldo, and Falcao selling Aguero, Tevez, and Balotelli... and the Dzeko fans would rant about Messi's, Ronaldo's, and Falcao's "failures" as players all to get their player in the first choice 11 and to make sure that this forum doesn't ever say anything negative about their favorite player. Personally, I love him as a player despite his horrible first touch, but honestly his hardcore fans would rather us lose every match 5-3 as long as he scored the hat trick. They don't care if we win or lose.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:

Thing is though he contributed more then Dzeko does when he starts..... If it's not broken don't try and fix it!

It IS broke though. We're usually tied or losing when Dzeko comes on.

ed10 said:
pudge said:
ed10 said:

because no goals when he's on the bench:)
Because that's not true :)<br /><br />-- Nov 12th, '12, 20:13 --<br /><br />
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:

Yeah, fine logic that..........

-- Nov 12th, '12, 19:04 --

JasminBosnia said:
Reminder:
Reminder:

what find confidence hes the leading scorer and has been clutch when played properly kun has played dog shit and the first touch of a rapist these past 2 games. am i seriously watching different football team?
He [Sergio] has played "dog shit" the past 2 games but has scored 2 goals, and you want him dropped.

How is that any different to people saying Dzeko should be a "supersub"?

Dzeko & Hyde said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

It IS broke though. We're usually tied or losing when Dzeko comes on.

And we usually draw or lose when Edin starts given he hardly performs well when he starts let alone score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.