Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

OK, I would have to tell you one more time. THE BEST striker in form at the moment and it must be very frustrating to warm the bench while MCFC struggling to score vs almost every opponent this season. Should be in the first eleven with Kun (I prefer) or Carlitos until the end of this year.

r.soleofsalford said:
Rolee said:
_dreamer_ said:
IMO he's doing the only thing he can. Mancini doesn't entirely believe in him so he has to pressure him somehow. Now he has good arguments to do that and he's using them. I'd do the same thing and if you were Dzeko, I doubt that you would to sth else...

He should not, nor should anyone at the club be using the media to fight battles that should be kept inhouse.

Btw you don't know me so why would you doubt I would do something?

it would piss most people off to be the top scorer at a club despite getting bit parts in games,

whether you agree that he should play from the start or not, the fact is at present our top goal scorer is currently 4th choice.

i therefore dont think its unreasonable for dzeko to be pissed off

Neither do I. I'm saying he shouldn't be giving the press copy, not that he shouldn't be pissed off.

Think Dzeko has earned the right for a run of starts in the team even if he doesnt score in the the first or second match!

He gives us height in the box and although sometimes his first touch isnt the best he works well with Aguero.

And anyway he could always be subed with Tevez or Balo coming on!

Rolee said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Rolee said:
He should not, nor should anyone at the club be using the media to fight battles that should be kept inhouse.

Btw you don't know me so why would you doubt I would do something?

it would piss most people off to be the top scorer at a club despite getting bit parts in games,

whether you agree that he should play from the start or not, the fact is at present our top goal scorer is currently 4th choice.

Neither do I. I'm saying he shouldn't be giving the press copy, not that he shouldn't be pissed off.

all our players struggle to score in the first half of games and tevez despite his grafting has struggled and only score once in twelve. yet despite this he get the nod over dzeko. this being the case, i think edin has show marvelous restraint until just recently.

It's a similar debate to the one about Yaya's best position. Yaya scores goals when he's pushed forward late in games so he should always start in an advanced role. Edin scores goals when he comes on as a sub so he should start.

The trouble is that when yaya starts in an advanced role and when edin starts, they are rarely effective. What works late in games doesn't necessarily work at the start of games. Both edin and yaya need space to be effective.

The real issue is that city need to find a way to score more first half goals. We need more pace and width.

cibaman said:
It's a similar debate to the one about Yaya's best position. Yaya scores goals when he's pushed forward late in games so he should always start in an advanced role. Edin scores goals when he comes on as a sub so he should start.

The trouble is that when yaya starts in an advanced role and when edin starts, they are rarely effective. What works late in games doesn't necessarily work at the start of games. Both edin and yaya need space to be effective.

The real issue is that city need to find a way to score more first half goals. We need more pace and width.

it all about systems, we have a system that none of our striker are excelling in.

r.soleofsalford said:
Rolee said:
r.soleofsalford said:

all our players struggle to score in the first half of games and tevez despite his grafting has struggled and only score once in twelve. yet despite this he get the nod over dzeko. this being the case, i think edin has show marvelous restraint until just recently.

In my opinion mate our players should do what's in the club's best interest, as their employer this should be a given. Speaking to the press about internal issues is not in the club's best interests.

Pominoz you're such a d!ck it's not even funny anymore

Clearly you have something against Edin and you should be banned from this topic as it's already clear on how your view is and there is no need for endless discussion.

First of all, not everyone who is defending the bloke is a dzeko fan boy or/and from Bosnia. Maybe we are just happy he saves our ass week in week out despite getting the proper respect from Mancini.

And why fix something that isn't broken? Well if he has to step up and score the winner every time late in the match then there is clearly something wrong. Maybe change will mean we will be winning 2/3 - 0 and therefor we won't be needing late drama to secure 3 points. You say he is best at being a supersub instead of a starter because he underperformed the 2 times he started? By that logic and the performances our regular starting strikers have had when Dzeko was that supersub Tevez and Aguero should be on the bench and Balo should not even been playing. Strikers are being rated by how many goals they score you know. At this stage and form Dzeko should be number one on the list when filling in the striking position.

If anything, what this whole argumentation proves is that Mancini is willing to play wide, ONLY if we are chasing the game. That is why Dzeko becomes effective as a sub. Playing wide with Tevez coming off the bench is pointless, since he is a midget, same as Aguero.

By that logic, Tevez and Aguero should start. Whether you agree with that logic is a whole other matter. I do not.

If we were mixing it up playing wide and narrow, during the whole game, we would be a lot harder to predict for opposition managers. The stubbornness of trying to walk the ball into the goal is costing us points. We have been found out, and that is most likely why Mancini is tinkering with 3-5-2. To give us the plan B we do not have naturally, since the attempts to secure a world class winger failed.

Mancini obviously does not consider Sinclair a plan B. Nor did he consider Johnson an option given his performances before leaving.

I read somewhere Maicon could be a tested as a winger. Given he is a similar player to Antonio Valencia, the idea is not a bad one. What they lack in finesse, they make up in raw power.

When Maicon came on Sunday, on two (?) occasions (before Dzeko came on) he bombed a low cross in between the goalie and the defenders. None of our forwards were even close to get on the end of those crosses. I asked myself if Dzeko would have latched onto those crosses. Of course, no one can tell for sure, but in my opinion those are the kind of passes/crosses that Dzeko thrives on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.