Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

pominoz mate, tbh discussion with you is pointless.

You even admit that City is not playing anywhere near as well as it can which means that something must change. The fact that City is unbeaten in the premiership has more to do with tremendous luck and incredible abilities of individuals than with anything else.

BTW, what about Champions League? There unbeaten as well?

I am only saying I believe that the team could play much better if Mancini would slightly change his system and give a chance to Dzeko to play constantly with Aguero.

cheers

_dreamer_ said:

You even admit that City is not playing anywhere near as well as it can which means that something must change. The fact that City is unbeaten in the premiership has more to do with tremendous luck and incredible abilities of individuals than with anything else.

I am only saying I believe that the team could play much better if Mancini would slightly change his system and give a chance to Dzeko to play constantly with Aguero.

cheers

That will not happen because as i see it Mancini is scared Tevez will rebel again if he is not a starter, on other side Dzeko is nice guy who will not say a thing.

_dreamer_ said:

cheers

ive been advocating this but some people just want to keep there heads in the sand about this subject its Kun/tevez start no matter what happens.

AntiUnited said:
_dreamer_ said:

cheers

ive been advocating this but some people just want to keep there heads in the sand about this subject its Kun/tevez start no matter what happens.

He has been given plenty of chances starting games since he has been here, and more often than not has put in a stinker.
Before you get all uppity, the team is just not set up for Dzeko and will not be. So he needs to adapt to the way the rest of the team plays.
Let me say once again, i think he is a top striker but in the team we have, he needs to do much more if he wants a starting spot.
I know you will not like my point of view, but that is my opinion.

pominoz said:
AntiUnited said:
_dreamer_ said:

cheers

He has been given plenty of chances starting games since he has been here, and more often than not has put in a stinker.
Before you get all uppity, the team is just not set up for Dzeko and will not be. So he needs to adapt to the way the rest of the team plays.
Let me say once again, i think he is a top striker but in the team we have, he needs to do much more if he wants a starting spot.

Well that sounds pathetic if u ask me why spend the money on micon. So your basically want to play that tippy tappy shit that has been doing us wonders this season with our on fire strikers (tevez/kun) lets stay one dimensional and predictable. How much fukin more do u want him to do hes litterly saved our asses time and time again. so by the standards your setting he needs to cure cancer while bagging hatricks week in and week out to get a lookin at the starting 11?

linkovic said:
That will not happen because as i see it Mancini is scared Tevez will rebel again if he is not a starter, on other side Dzeko is nice guy who will not say a thing.

Completely disagree, Dzeko has been out in the media for the past month saying he's ot happy on the bench, don't call him super sub and that he wants to start games.

Aguero is Mancini's favourite it appears, despite been the least clinical. I'd like to see Tevez and Dzeko given a run.

r.soleofsalford said:
Skashion said:
pominoz said:
That's why i was waiting for the stats, it proves that Mancini is using him to the best advantage of this team.
I posted these on page 76:

Skashion said:
Since the start of last season, in all comps:

11 goals in 407 minutes off the bench at an incredible rate of a goal every 37 minutes.
13 goals in 2157 minutes from starting at a rate of a goal every 165 minutes.

165/37 = 4.48 times more effective coming off the bench.

Now, a bit of a disparity would be expected because the whole point of substitutions is fresh players running at tired legs but 4.48 is staggering.

Some are still choosing to ignore this fact but we shan't. We know the guy can score goals when starting. He did it at Wolfsburg, he does it for Bosnia, so why not City. My belief is that we need to create more options for him. Mancini is trying to do that with the 3-5-2 but it leaves us defensively vulnerable at the moment. Kolarov and Maicon work well, as I'm sure Micah would if employed as a wing-back. He seems uncomfortable with the right-side of the three, as does Clichy on the left. The right-side appears to have been solved by Zaba but there's still the Clichy problem. He was deservedly MoM against Spurs but he's had problems there when we've used it before. Maybe training has paid its dues. I think Mancini is trying to do it on the cheap a bit, which is fine but I'm sure Dzeko would thrive on some wingers. The other thing I think we're lacking is a deep-lying playmaker who plays as one. Yaya can do the job there, and that's one of the reasons I was so positive about signing him at the time, but indeed, he's been far more useful in a more advanced position. He played some fantastic balls from deep against Spurs though, it's in him, but a permanent deep-lying playmaker would be a move forward for us I reckon. I was hopeful Garcia might be a improvement in this respect but so far, not so good.

its hard work trying to get through to some of bluemoons bellends but best of luck in your efforts

Some of those 'bellends' have proven that 'stats' have not been good to all our strikers, who play from the start. All it has shown is that with LESS playing time, Dzeko has proven to be worth 9 POINTS towards the defence of the title.

What these 'stats' have also proven is that Dzeko may as well start as we don't seem to score and hold the lead when he's on the bench! In fact, as you know, we concede and bring him on to force the win. Logic dictates to allow him a run of starts as this would change very little in the game.

I would even say that it is probably better that Tévez comes off the bench to harry a tiring defence to as much effect as Dzeko.

You can skew 'stats' to whatever the agenda you wish to pursue.

pominoz said:

How can he earn starting spot when he's benched after one "bad" game? Aguero can have ten shit games in a row and still have credits to start next one.

GStar said:
linkovic said:

Completely disagree, Dzeko has been out in the media for the past month saying he's ot happy on the bench, don't call him super sub and that he wants to start games.

Aguero is Mancini's favourite it appears, despite been the least clinical. I'd like to see Tevez and Dzeko given a run.

I'm glad someone highlighted this. Dzeko is giving the press too much copy in his interviews. He should be tripping out the bullshit line of 'it's all for the team', instead he's adding fuel to the fire. Someone needs to have a word in his shell like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.