Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

SamTheGuru said:
taconinja said:
AntiUnited said:
Or you could start with the direct approach when starting him . but what ever
Or you know he could perhaps lay the ball off to the wide players as he's supposed to and then move forward to receive the cross that comes from that... but his first touch tonight really prevented that.

Yes, there is that too.
And it wasn't as if Maicon and Kolarov and later Zabaleta and later Milner weren't looking to cross, but Dzeko didn't seem to be too eager to throw himself into the box to get on the end of crosses. He was late a few times.

Still I'm not saying he was awful. His first touch was poor especially in the first half and he left too many passes short.

taconinja said:
SamTheGuru said:
taconinja said:
Or you know he could perhaps lay the ball off to the wide players as he's supposed to and then move forward to receive the cross that comes from that... but his first touch tonight really prevented that.

Yes, there is that too.
And it wasn't as if Maicon and Kolarov and later Zabaleta and later Milner weren't looking to cross, but Dzeko didn't seem to be too eager to throw himself into the box to get on the end of crosses. He was late a few times.

Still I'm not saying he was awful. His first touch was poor especially in the first half and he left too many passes short.

sorry the first half they did everything but cross the ball into the box. 2 free kicks silva elected to kick the ball back and restart the play which led to nothing.

taconinja said:
SamTheGuru said:
taconinja said:

Yes, there is that too.

To be fair, Real defended brilliantly from the crosses so he didn't really have the opportunity, but it was just Dzeko's general play that let him down....as always.

SamTheGuru said:
taconinja said:
SamTheGuru said:
Yes, there is that too.

To be fair, Real defended brilliantly from the crosses so he didn't really have the opportunity, but it was just Dzeko's general play that let him down....as always.
Madrid defended very well all around. It's why I didn't bring that up sooner because really my only actual disappointment with him was not laying the ball off well. He gave a lot of effort and overall played okay.

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
Or you could start with the direct approach when starting him . but what ever
So we ignore the other 10 players to accommodate 1?

kalarov and micon are flair dribblers ? cuz micon is known for crossing the ball no ?
Don't know who kalarov is?

But Kolarov and Maicon can cross the ball, but never every cross has to be in the air...

"Send crosses in, Dzeko will score for fun" this has been said since the summer. Why? Because he's tall? Aguero has scored from crosses this season, so has Tevez.

You cant 'play direct'/lump the ball up to Dzeko from the start, because then you take Silva, Aguero, Nasri and Yaya out of the game to accomadate one player.

A player adapts to the team, not the other way about.

And until Dzeko adapts to our style of play, he'll more than likely start on the bench.

And no, I don't agree he was better in the second half. The pass for the penalty and that was it. Chance to cross across the box and he slaps a high ball out for a throw in.

He was poor, and that can't be argued no matter how hard you try or "/sigh"

MCFC BOB said:
Once again Dzeko does absolutely nothing from the start.

He can't keep up with Aguero, Silva and Nasri and doesn't have an effect on the game if he's asked to have more than three touches. He often loses his balance and then the ball.

His technical inadequacies let him down so much.
i disagree. his passing was below average tonight, but besides that, the only thing that made him look like complete and utter crap(much like the rest of the team bar silva nad hart) were tactics. yet again. deep midfielder, winger, occasionally a striker. the guy is a typical tall striker. feed him, he's going to score, don't feed him, he's going to starve to oblivion. it was a waste of position if you ask me. if we'd started with one striker and introduced dzeko later, it would have been a completely different story and yet again, we wouldn't have to rely on joe hart's magic.

taconinja said:
SamTheGuru said:
taconinja said:

Yes, there is that too.

Oh look the guy who shits on Dzeko in every thread.

joezilla said:
MCFC BOB said:
Once again Dzeko does absolutely nothing from the start.

He can't keep up with Aguero, Silva and Nasri and doesn't have an effect on the game if he's asked to have more than three touches. He often loses his balance and then the ball.

His technical inadequacies let him down so much.
i disagree. his passing was below average tonight, but besides that, the only thing that made him look like complete and utter crap(much like the rest of the team bar silva nad hart) were tactics. yet again. deep midfielder, winger, occasionally a striker. the guy is a typical tall striker. feed him, he's going to score, don't feed him, he's going to starve to oblivion. it was a waste of position if you ask me. if we'd started with one striker and introduced dzeko later, it would have been a completely different story and yet again, we wouldn't have to rely on joe hart's magic.

Nothing to do with the fact that he can't actually play football and the rest of the team can?

noise said:
taconinja said:
SamTheGuru said:
Yes, there is that too.

Oh look the guy who shits on Dzeko in every thread.
Oh look the guy who sucks Dzeko off at the hinge end in every thread.

Works both ways, see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.