Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Its not about that he is victim he would have the potential to be fantastic if we used him in a different way. We use him a lot in another way and he struggles in that for good reason and for this he gets a lot of stick.

Put Messi into the box say to him stay in box and on offside line always and give him only long balls (not trough balls and short passes) he has to take with higher CB's around him.

He would still do some good stuff surely but wouldnt be nowhere near as effective as his max potential which is 70 goals in a year.

Mancini uses Dzeko as he used Ibra at Inter. Well Ibra has super technique, Dzeko doesnt.

Dzeko played best with a good partner (Grafite) they were a very good duo, but Mancini still doesnt know what is his top striker duo. And he could sign 3 of 4 strikers not like he had no choice in it...

He was shite as he was against Dortmund and ajax.

The real culprit of our failure though is Mancini.

Completely set up wrong and left Tevez out of 3 games in the group stage.

As Tevez has been one of our best players this season why do that?

If he wanted to give Dzeko some game time then play him against villa!

scout.reporter said:
all the Dzeko haters are trools or no real fans.. So much he has done for the club this season and last, and he still gets so much hate and disrespect... It can't seriously be real fans. For Dzekos defence, ( he did play shit last night) but so did Tevez when he came on, he lost the ball hes first 5 contacts with it... Aguero he misses like 5 sitters in every game before he scores one, all of them have their flaws, but don't hate them for that... So far this season, you can argue that Dzeko has been Citys best striker, despite having some bad games...

The stats are there for everyone to see, I am not an idiot to say that Dzeko is absolute gash each and every time he starts for this football club. Love him as a squad player and a very affective sub too. Tevez was poor last night I agree, however I wouldn't care either if Dzeko started ahead of me most big games too.

Dzeko has the cheek to complain about being a super sub yet time and time again he pulls out this awful performances when given the chance. I dont want him to take on the whole team and bang one into the top corner, just do the basics right and you can't ask much more, he can't control or pass a football that is worrying.

noise said:
CityCTID said:
Damanino said:
Used horribly vs Madrid.

felt sorry for him, he had to come deep 5-10 times, take the ball, keep it, turn away from vs faster defenders, run with ball. He tried to make some Messi run in his style with little success.

Sometimes he is being played completely not like he should but the other way around no matter how much it is not helping him or the team.

All the crosses for short for him, Maicon made all the cross but to the short side most of it went closer to Agüero but Real players headed it out many times.

Wont take much time until the strikers will start goals from Maicons crosses (maybe his crosses are little too strong sometimes not very good if you want to head it...) but still think Dzeko is the best if we have to score from crosses.

But Dzeko coming deep with one defender on his neck and can only pass it back to defenders maybe Silva if he is there then he has to run back or if he beats his man he has to beat another 2-3 defenders because he is that deep and that far from goal...
Madness.
Put him in a team where he gets crosses not only when Maicon playes but every 5 minutes in a match and you have a striker with at least 25 goal striker. Once he gets used to this main crosser/assistmaker he can be prolific.

What Mancini says them , to come deep, play ala Messi, beat defenders without pace as high striker.

How many goals could be scored with putting the ball up to Dzeko than he heads it down for Agüero and bang. (Not with our slow passing build ups tho.)

His main skills are his heading, finishing, his body, strength, getting into good position.
His weaknesses are keeping the ball, technique, great ricks, pace.

Mancini uses him sometimes (many times) where he has to solve many situations with skills which he doesnt really have.
The skills he has is used so rarely.

So to say look he started and was still shit why start him then couldnt be more wrong. If we are not ready to change the tactics for him, like that was the case at Wolfsburg we shouldnt expect that many goals and great performances from him.

Two of his most important City goals also coming from his strengths.
vs QPr last match in the league , corner, getting into good position and good header
vs Notts in FA-cup to reach a replay: Richards going down the right good cross Dzeko coming for the cross perfect finish...

Turned out to be important goals.

Most of his goals inside the box, and between the penalty point and goal line. That is where Dzeko could be class/world class.

Outside the box, coming deeper. That is not his world. Can score from long shot sometimes, but he should be in the box waiting for the passes to finish them. If it is not good for Mancini sell him and buy a different type of payer who is good coming deep and in the box too.
Here we go again ..... ^^Used horribly^^

Always the victim
As opposed to calling our best striker so far this season, shit?

How exactly is Dzeko our "best striker this season"? Goals scored? He's got 7, the same number as both Tevez and Aguero (and Aguero missed a month through injury). General match performances? He's consistently only been affective when introduced as a late substitute, his (admittedly limited) starts have mainly resulted in below par displays. Tevez and Aguero, whilst not perfect, have been generally more consistent. Link up play/assists? Again, whilst I don't have the figures to hand, I'd doubt he'd been integral to more goals this season (as an assister rather than scorer) than Aguero or Tevez.

Dzeko hasn't been shit (although he has been below par/not good enough on a fair few occasions), but to describe him as "our best striker so far this season..." is just demonstratively incorrect.

the opinions of some people baffle me. As a team you usually expect to score more than one goal per game. You also need to retain possession to create chances and prevent the other team from having opportunities to score. AS A TOP CLASS STRIKER YOU CANNOT SIMPLY EXPECT TO SCORE EVERY OTHER GAME! YOU NEED TO OFFER MORE THAN THAT! You need give assists, be involved in build up play, close down, retain possession etc etc. Dzeko does little of this. He consistently loses possession, his movement is minimal over 90 minutes, average work rate and offers no intelligent passing. Its fine to score 1 in 2 if you Darren Bent for Villa, Holt for Norwich or even Defoe for Spurs. But to be a top class striker in a top class team, you need to offer more. Every time Tevez or Aguero get the ball I feel as if SOMETHING could happen whether it be a goal or a creative pass. That why they should play over Dzeko. He says his 'goals should do the talking' but you cant be shite for 90 mins but score every other game an expect to play, especially in europe. Thats why Owen, Bent etc never succeeded at a world class club.

Matty said:
noise said:
CityCTID said:
Here we go again ..... ^^Used horribly^^

Always the victim
As opposed to calling our best striker so far this season, shit?

How exactly is Dzeko our "best striker this season"? Goals scored? He's got 7, the same number as both Tevez and Aguero (and Aguero missed a month through injury). General match performances? He's consistently only been affective when introduced as a late substitute, his (admittedly limited) starts have mainly resulted in below par displays. Tevez and Aguero, whilst not perfect, have been generally more consistent. Link up play/assists? Again, whilst I don't have the figures to hand, I'd doubt he'd been integral to more goals this season (as an assister rather than scorer) than Aguero or Tevez.

Dzeko hasn't been shit (although he has been below par/not good enough on a fair few occasions), but to describe him as "our best striker so far this season..." is just demonstratively incorrect.

for the amount of time Kun/teves have been playing together this season it is fair to say dzeko is the most clinical striker. Kun hogged/missed many open shots that where dead on goals ironically it was the kun dzeko passing which led to the penalty. This myth that kun and tevez are interlinked and are passing the ball between each other is false they hardly ever pass it around. the clear on goal chance that kun miss controlled in front of the Madrid keeper he could have easily passed it to dzeko but he wanted to take it and score but failed badly.

sonnymancity said:
the opinions of some people baffle me. As a team you usually expect to score more than one goal per game. You also need to retain possession to create chances and prevent the other team from having opportunities to score. AS A TOP CLASS STRIKER YOU CANNOT SIMPLY EXPECT TO SCORE EVERY OTHER GAME! YOU NEED TO OFFER MORE THAN THAT! You need give assists, be involved in build up play, close down, retain possession etc etc. Dzeko does little of this. He consistently loses possession, his movement is minimal over 90 minutes, average work rate and offers no intelligent passing. Its fine to score 1 in 2 if you Darren Bent for Villa, Holt for Norwich or even Defoe for Spurs. But to be a top class striker in a top class team, you need to offer more. Every time Tevez or Aguero get the ball I feel as if SOMETHING could happen whether it be a goal or a creative pass. That why they should play over Dzeko. He says his 'goals should do the talking' but you cant be shite for 90 mins but score every other game an expect to play, especially in europe. Thats why Owen, Bent etc never succeeded at a world class club.

Grafting and Getting stuck in did absolutely fuk all for kun/tevez last night it was ironically when the ball got pinned in to the top of the box dzeko passed it to kun is where he score the pen. tell me this Does zlatan or inzagi (old milan striker). run around graft get stuck in.. ? they are prolly the laziest players ever ( inzagi living off side cuz he cba getting back onside). but he puts the ball away in the box like dzeko. we did nothing of that. 2 free kicks we decided to pass the ball back and restart the attack formation. why on gods green earth would u do that when u have yaya toure , dezeko, and kompany ? and when we passed those balls back it got us nowhere. and one more thing didnt dzeko provide the assist last night ?

despite hours on a training pitch edin just Cant manage to control a ball !! his touch is the worst in the prem !! last night he was just a Bosnian "Jo" I swear if a bag of sand was threw at him it would bounce off him
he's a good sub at best, when we go direct he's does ok ! but as soon as you need him to hold or maybe link up play forget it :-( he's lazy has no pace over the vital 5 yards an seems to look disinterested.
get rid of the lump asap an before everyone tells me he scores vital goals as a sub !! maybe if he ran or put himself about a bit he could start more games.. 27 mill Ffs<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 am --<br /><br />despite hours on a training pitch edin just Cant manage to control a ball !! his touch is the worst in the prem !! last night he was just a Bosnian "Jo" I swear if a bag of sand was threw at him it would bounce off him
he's a good sub at best, when we go direct he's does ok ! but as soon as you need him to hold or maybe link up play forget it :-( he's lazy has no pace over the vital 5 yards an seems to look disinterested.
get rid of the lump asap an before everyone tells me he scores vital goals as a sub !! maybe if he ran or put himself about a bit he could start more games.. 27 mill Ffs

Dzeko plays well and scores when the formation and the sense of urgency is there. That is why he does well when coming on as a sub. Unfortunately, the formation is often lacking, like last night, and we still like to overplay the ball. So he's probably in a 'no win' situation, which will ultimately result in him being sold, or the manager changing.

Wanted Edin to start and he proper let us down I thought. Couldnt control and pass and gave the ball away more often than not.

I think Nigel Gleghorn got it right (for once) when he suggested that Dzeko plays well when we are chasing the game because there is a sense of urgency and balls are getting whipped into the box. He doesnt fit in well with the slow build up play in my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.