Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

He was awful last night especially the first half where he couldn't control the ball, everytime it just bounced off him. He can't play like that as he doesn't have the ability to turn and spin a defender and do him for pace. Every attack broke down when it was played to him. He's Ok when he's playing facing goal and running onto a ball but he needs to add more to his game.

MSP said:
He was ultimate crap last night. Can't hold the ball for life of him. Gets pushed of it like a girl and he's big man.

He's classy finisher when he gets the ball in space and/or from crosses but he is rarely able to be a part of the building game these days.

My fellow Bosnians will say it's Mancini's fault but f**k that, as Mancini would say - if you're top player, than you should not have those problems.

And I'm afraid Dzeko is currently limited striker and can be used in limited game styles. And City's most used one is definitely not one of them.

Comrade Buka said:
I am a fan, but he was crap yesterday. Apart from the flick leading up to the penalty, he didn't do much right. On the other hand, not many did.

Fair play to you lads, very refreshing to see some objective opinions on this thread. I'm sure Dzeko has a lot more to contribute this season, and will be an important player for us, but he really needs to up his game when he starts.

If he always played with the urgency and determination he shows from the bench he'd be an absolute world beater, but when he starts he consistently looks nervous, laid back and clumsy.

The last post is spot on and I dont get it.
The lad deserves to get starts because of his goalscoring but when he does, he doesnt seem to have the same energy or will to win that he does when he comes off the bench.
Everybody wants him to do well but he doesnt pose anywhere near the problems when starting than he does when he only has half an hour to show his skills.
His record speaks for itself and I dont think he can complain if he gets benched again after his latest effort.

quite frankly dismayed and sickened by the comments you 'City' fans have posted about Dzeko (a City player who has provided us so much in the last year) - just goes to prove how low and fickle people have become.

The kind of language and attiutde I would associate with Rags - embarrasing really.

His positioning, sublime touch and pass set up the penalty - he was part of that whole move.

Yes, he had some poor touches - boo hoo! So did Toure, Aguero, Tevez, Kompany.

Man up and bloody well support him and the team.

As a part time youth coach, if I hear other dads slamming the team I give them a pair of boots and tell them to show us how its done.

Jonny Boy said:
quite frankly dismayed and sickened by the comments you 'City' fans have posted about Dzeko (a City player who has provided us so much in the last year) - just goes to prove how low and fickle people have become.

The kind of language and attiutde I would associate with Rags - embarrasing really.

His positioning, sublime touch and pass set up the penalty - he was part of that whole move.

As a part time youth coach, if I hear other dads slamming the team I give them a pair of boots and tell them to show us how its done.
Yes, but this is the Dzeko thread where Dzeko's performances are discussed.

There was a Tevez thread made yesterday along with a post-match discussion thread if you want to bring other players into it.

He was poor last night, hence people stating he was poor.

pudge said:
Jonny Boy said:

There was a Tevez thread made yesterday along with a post-match discussion thread if you want to bring other players into it.

Sorry mate, but you miss my point - I'm refering to way people are describing him - not his technical ability per se - for example 'Dog Shit' - it just bemuses me the level of vitriol on this site - not the actual debate

Jonny Boy said:
pudge said:
Jonny Boy said:

Sorry mate, but you miss my point - I'm refering to way people are describing him - not his technical ability per se - for example 'Dog Shit' - it just bemuses me the level of vitriol on this site - not the actual debate
That's just out of frustration that people say things like that that.

Nobody actually believes that he's 'dog shit', he's a professional footballer after all.

But everyone has an opinion, some rate him some don't.

pudge said:
Jonny Boy said:
pudge said:

That's just out of frustration that people say things like that that.

Nobody actually believes that he's 'dog shit', he's a professional footballer after all.

But everyone has an opinion, some rate him some don't.

Tbh i think some do :P

Here's a fun activity for everyone to try - watch the game again and focus on Aguero. Convince yourself that he's shit. Tell yourself that he loses the ball almost every time he gets it and that most of the time he doesn't even bother challenging for high balls. Tell yourself he always dribbles into trouble instead of passing to open team-mates, and that his shooting is woeful. Now watch his every move with all of that in mind and let confirmation bias do the rest.

If you've completed this activity properly you'll now be convinced Aguero was dreadful last night because at one time or another (and on multiple occasions in some cases), he did all of those things. When each bad play happened, it would confirm all your preconceived notions of just how shit he is. Sure, he did some good things as well, but you know he's shit, so you don't let that ruin the story you already have worked out in your head. He probably just got lucky anyway.

Now try it for Tevez.

How about Dzeko? Ah, but most of the posters on this thread have already done this little activity for him, and even posted their results (see above. And probably below as well).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.