Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Well said pudge.

Can we bring Aguero into this thread?

No-GIF1.gif

And how about Tevez, Balo, Ibra, Messi or Ronaldo?

no-no-no-HELL-NO.gif

Tbf in the first half every time he got the ball he found a way to give it away. Got to a point I was just feeling so sorry for him coz he was playing so shit. Second half he did a bit better but on the whome he played pretty poor.

I just love this thread.

We have 4 top class strikers in the world who should all be starting in the Prem. Briefly I view them as -

Aguerro - his goals last year and pure ability were one of the key factors in wining the title, still young enough to go on to become one of the greatest City strikers ever.

Balotelli - as seen at Euro 2012 one of the most naturally talented players in the world with height and pace. Man of the match in the FA Cup final and the foundation of the 6-1, he was the architect of that great day.

Dzeko - a great goal scorer for his country and wherever he played, and often crucial goals such as at Notts County and QPR. On his day such as at Spurs he is unplayable, a danger in the box with his height and as against Madrid can create magic with the pass for the pen.

Tevez - the work rate is phenomenal and our defence begins with his harrying defenders. Scores important goals and links up very well with all our strikers particularly his countrymen.

I don't think we have ever had 4 such quality strikers before and probably never will again. Sadly I fear we will offload one in January and whether we buy or allow Guidetti to step up remains to be seen. Whilst havin 4 of the best strikers creates selection problems, let us enjoy this moment with the abundance of striking riches that we currently have.

difference between bluemoon & mcfcforum is they think augero-dzeko are city strongest partnership,and critisize tevez all the time.here u guys think the complete opposite

dzeko01 said:
difference between bluemoon & mcfcforum is they think augero-dzeko are city strongest partnership,and critisize tevez all the time.here u guys think the complete opposite

Who would of thought eh? Different people with different opinions, what's the world coming to?

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Different people with different opinions
maybe...i was just surprised they give tevez so much stick just like u guys do with dzeko

Shaelumstash said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Shaelumstash said:
Well he's been here nearly 2 years and I've not really seen any considerable improvement in the games that he starts. He's improved enormously off the bench though. I think it would be a bit far fetched for you to suggest I have a pre-conceived idea he's shit, but I somehow forget it when he comes off the bench.

He's certainly been more effective off the bench, but I haven't noticed any real difference in his work-rate, ball control, or any of the other things he gets criticized for, when he comes off the bench. The main difference seems to be that the way we play (and the way the opposition is playing) has been different when he's come on in the last 20 minutes. It may well be that Dzeko's most effective in this role, but if he started every game and then we brought on Aguero with 20 minutes to go, it may well be that Aguero scores a lot more goals in this role as well.

Don't get me wrong - I hold Aguero in very high regard, but like many top class strikers, he also frequently looks ineffective when starting games.
I completely disagree. His touch and work rate are far better from the bench. He's an instinctive player, he's at his best when he has no time to think.

Fair enough - I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

On the subject of Dzeko, what does everyone think about Zabaleta this season?

CaliforniaBlue said:
Shaelumstash said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
He's certainly been more effective off the bench, but I haven't noticed any real difference in his work-rate, ball control, or any of the other things he gets criticized for, when he comes off the bench. The main difference seems to be that the way we play (and the way the opposition is playing) has been different when he's come on in the last 20 minutes. It may well be that Dzeko's most effective in this role, but if he started every game and then we brought on Aguero with 20 minutes to go, it may well be that Aguero scores a lot more goals in this role as well.

Don't get me wrong - I hold Aguero in very high regard, but like many top class strikers, he also frequently looks ineffective when starting games.
I completely disagree. His touch and work rate are far better from the bench. He's an instinctive player, he's at his best when he has no time to think.

Fair enough - I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

On the subject of Dzeko, what does everyone think about Zabaleta this season?

Hard to tell, no worse than Maicon I would say, both made mistakes against real when playing at RB. Should n't play as a CB again, especially when Tim Vickery still classes him as a converted right sided midfielder grafter rather than a full back.

Mancini revealed today that we could have signed Torres when we were looking at strikers good in the air but went for Dzeko instead because of Torres' price tag. Thank fook! Dzeko cost half as much and while he is by no means perfect has been much better for us than Torres has been for Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.